IGNORED

Z Powered Healey painted and back on the road...but stumbles.

Healey Z

Thanks, for the comments. I actually had a guy come to my house and give me a hand with the balancing and mixture settings. I don't have the video, but did buy a syc tool yesterday, so I can walk through the procedure myself. Tomorrow I will try the lifting of the piston and listen to the engine idle. Anyone have the ZTherapy dvd they would like to sell?

QUESTION. I suspect the car is running lean. If I lift the piston and it stumbles, do I turn the screw out (meaning looking up at the carbs from the ground, turning clockwise looking)

As for the paint. I had a local guy do it. It is base coat, clear coat, cut and polished. His spray booth is junk, but his work fantastic. This is the second project car he has done for me, and won't be the last. You can really see how deep the paint is, as well as see the paint booth in the reflection. He is up in Roseville CA and his pricing is very good. If anyone is in Nor Cal, and wants his info, let me know.

P1030992.JPG

Edited by Healey Z

If the idle speed increases when you lift the pin, the carb is adjusted too rich. If the speed decreases it's too lean. Turn the mixture nut counter clockwise (looking from the top toward the ground) to lean it out, clockwise to richen it up. You want the idle to rise briefly when you lift the pin and then settle back to roughly where the idle was before lifting the pin.

Wow is all I can say. 1 1/2 turns richer on one carb, 1 turn richer on the other and it is a completely different running motor. I'm sure it is not perfect, but it certainly solved the problem to a large extent. I'm still going to see if I can find a colortune for a reasonable price and I should have sync tool by Tuesday and then I will get these guys really dialed in.