IGNORED

The Ingenuity of idiots never ceases to amaze me...

zKars

(I think I might have posted this story before, but it does fit this thread nicely.) I hadn't spent much time working on my 260Z until this year. As I was replacing the speedometer cable, I noticed a wire running through the grommet. Since I knew this wasn't stock, I decided to investigate further. I traced it in the engine bay to the positive side of the coil. Okay, so the IPO (idiot previous owner) was looking to power something when the ignition was on. I then looked in the passenger compartment to see where the wire went. I followed it around the driver's seat and into the back. The years had taken their toll on this poor wire. Some insulation was missing, and the remaining was so brittle that it would snap like a dry twig. I finally found the wire poorly connected to the fuel pump. I'm not sure how it managed not to short out the ignition circuit. My guess is that the IPO who did that (at least 3 others have owned the car) tried to figure out why the fuel pump didn't get any voltage when he checked the circuit with the key in the on position. Eventually, I hope to get the wiring put back pretty much to stock.