IGNORED

Lights seem to go dim....?

CW240Z

Thanks guys for all the info, since the car will not be moving for a bit I am going to address the brake system first then replace the battery on it shortly. Dave's harness does sound like a great upgrade to the car, since I am not the best at electrical work I couldnt make my own up. Plus, Im putting brighter HID lights on it so ill have to have the harness in there.

You should look into the internally regulated alternator along with Dave's plug (this whole thread is starting to sound like a plug for Dave). This topic is discussed significantly on this site. My cost all in was around $60.00. This bypasses the old mechanical VR and provides a more stable, higher output. It is a simple bolt on, completely reversible, and takes about a half hour once you have the parts.

Hmmm Ill have to check into that when I get the harness. Looking through the receipts from my car the alternator on the car is practically new, but if I am not pleased with its performance that sounds like a good upgrade for it. Plus, if the VR is bad on my car it will make the decision that much easier. Thanks!