IGNORED

High oil pressure

UR2H

What wieght oil are you using ? And you said you are using an autometer electric oil pressure gauge are you using the stock sending unit or the autometer unit ? And I don't think changing your oil filter will make any difference if you have not bypassed the oil filter relief valve.

Edited by Zforce

What wieght oil are you using ? And you said you are using an autometer electric oil pressure gauge are you using the stock sending unit or the autometer unit ? And I don't think changing your oil filter will make any difference if you have not bypassed the oil filter relief valve.

Castrol GTX 30 weight and I've been using the same stock one since I bought the car.

John, the weather has been slightly cooler this month but still relatively warm.

FastWoman, the pressure does hold steady once I get around 3500rpm but it's around 70psi and around 25psi at idle. But after I drive the car around for 20 minutes or so the pressure drops back to normal, which is 55ish psi driving and 15ish psi at idle.

There is nothing wrong with the oil pressure readings you are seeing. Its absolutely normal and is nothing to worry about. You don't need to do anything at all except stop worrying.

What John and Zforce said! Your pressure relief valve is doing its job. I'll only say that 15'ish is a bit low for a warm idle. It might be a sender/gauge incompatibility. It might also be that your oil is too thin. Both my current Z and the Z before it did great with 10W40. When I lived in Texas, I would fill with 10W40 and top off with 20W50. That kept the low RPM pressure up towards the end of each oil change cycle.

Horsemann, I did the oil change not too long ago, maybe 1000 miles ago and I have always stayed on schedule with the changes ever since I've had the car, which has been about 5 years.

I think I will change the oil out again soon though and run some of the gunk flush before I drain it. x

Just because it is new doesn't mean it is good. if the filter isn't flowing freely, the pressure rises enough to bypass it, hense the SLIGHT rise in pressure you are seeing. I would try a filter replacement before you go pouring sludge buster in the motor and causing new and unecessary problems. FWIW, I think I would just do as John C. says, don't worry, be happy.