IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

Zedy.....If you need any build help, you've got my phone number.....go to Harbor Freight and buy yourself an engine stand and an engine hoist. You of all people should build that engine yourself (like all your stuff, it would be beautiful). It ain't rocket science.......we can can walk you through it.....it's a blast!

They don't have any ridge at all.....I'm boring .040 over anyway. I never know who owned these motors, so it's fun to crack 'em open, clean 'em up and put 'em back together like new. I just wish I could do the same to myself. LOL

Love your work Guy. You have quite the collection of motors there! I thought you had a lot until I realised I have just as many. Bitten by the same bug it seems. LOL

I can't help but thinking about an N42/F54 stuffed with an L20A crank. The option to do this is not for all, the first stumbling block is locating the crankshaft. It would probably be fairly expensive to build, quality crank dampers, valve train components, forged pistons etc etc but it's an idea I can't help but entertain in my head. The fact that you'd be using an L28 block means very good unshrouding of the valves, big valves and good ports could make this engine breath very well for 2.4 litres capacity.

Your first hand experience with this sort of engine Guy; what do you think?

Cheers mate. :)

OZ.....Good to hear from you again Mate. Yes, this engine is exactly what you and I discussed several years back ........we thought it would be fun, and we were right. It doesn't feel like it's got quite the low end torque as the longer stroke L28 crank, but the smoothness and quickness to 7000 are awesome! I highly recommend it......the modern head (shaved P79) with the short stroke L24 crank and rods are a great combination. I liked it so much, I'm doing it again. Hope you and the family are good.....keep dodging those Wallabies! Guy

BTW.....Yes I love motors......can't have too many motors....I've got nine extras.

Edited by Diseazd