IGNORED

holley setup

spdcrazy

Z train

It runs good, idles great, pulls like an engine twice it's size. just looking to get rid of the rich smell at idle and deceleration. It is not leaks in the body bad seals or poor exhaust that are causing this. i have totally rebuilt the car, it is plain and simple rich at idle. When i attemp to lean it out it then starts to miss at wide open throttle or surge at constant throttle. I am just not sure how much time I want to spend on grinding needles, playing with oil in the dash pots. I have been considering the su injectors from patton machine, but want to explore all options before I decide what to do. I have read all the posts about the 90 degree turn under the carb as being a bad thing. Just curious about peoples opinion on the factory injection system. By looking at the stock intake is it not i reality just a log style intake with runners coming off it at 90 degrees to the intake port with in fact the front two cyl. at more than 90 degrees. Just wondering why the down draft 90 might be worse than the horizontal 90. thanks for taking the time to respond.

bob