IGNORED

replace fuses? SFE fuses?

argniest

Tomo, I'd say the WD-40 works as a light-weight contact cleaner. It's not as good as Deoxit, but it's really not half bad. I like that it leaves a light, protective residue. I've never had it damage or gum up anything.

I wouldn't sweat the fuses. If you see corrosion on one, yeah, toss it. Also toss it if it doesn't test good with a meter. Otherwise, no worries. I routinely use a lot of fuses a lot more than 33 years old. I think I've only seen one or two fuses fail from metal fatigue or corrosion (appearing to be good, but actually being open). Just carry some spares in the glove box, and if one blows, you'll be prepared.

DeOxit products also include a lubricant/protectant.

If your fuses are corroded green, I'd look into the reason for that. It could be getting wet, which is not good for the car in general.

Yup, I used deoxit D5 to clean the fuse box carefully and polished up/cleaned up with a soft dremel brush on each contact in the fuse box.

So yeah, a few of them (the fuses, and most of the metal clips in the fuse box too) looked corroded inside...and yes the car used to get wet before I discovered it had a windshield gasget leak. My relative who works on all those fancy cars, cant always store my Z baby in his garage. He has very expensive cars he is restoring and working on. So one time I went up there to check on the car, and talk to him. I climbed in the drivers seat, and my feet went *sploosh splooosh*. I was horrified slightly. There was a lot of water in the floor. Im not talking about a bath tub, but it was definately getting soaked. The night before we had a wicked thunderstorm, 70mph+ winds and driving rain.

Needless to say, after that he kept it inside until after the windshield gasget was fixed. And soon after that it got to come back to my garage. So its not getting wet anymore.

So maybe that had soemthing to do with it, and who knows how long that was happening.

Thankfully the floor boards were not rotted out...so I think the previous owners must have kept it in a garage. Considering its still in nice shape with very little rust anywhere

I removed all old fuses, and replaced with new ones.

As I mentioned, I will probably go back and put a little white ox guard on each fuse.