IGNORED

First time Z owner

Perfect240Z

Today was a long day! Took my friend to go work on the car, we dropped the radiator and cleaned it with clr, had to sort of make a part from going to osh and orielys. And one of the carbs wasn't getting any fuel till we found out the float was clogged with oxidization from when I let it sit in my living room while they were off. It's unclogged now, car was running fine after that, till I stalled her driving in the back lot of the daycare and she didn't want to crank. She either has a bad alternator or the alternator charges after 3krpms. So I have the alternator off to get it tested tomorrow at orielys dyeing my lunch break. Man one thing after another LOL. I ordered my tranny fluid tonight from amazon. Got redline mlt-90. So that'll be here soon, I found out have an exhaust leak in the headers near the tranny, maybe that's why it's smells so damn bad in the car LOL.

Today was a long day! Took my friend to go work on the car, we dropped the radiator and cleaned it with clr, had to sort of make a part from going to osh and orielys. And one of the carbs wasn't getting any fuel till we found out the float was clogged with oxidization from when I let it sit in my living room while they were off. It's unclogged now, car was running fine after that, till I stalled her driving in the back lot of the daycare and she didn't want to crank. She either has a bad alternator or the alternator charges after 3krpms. So I have the alternator off to get it tested tomorrow at orielys dyeing my lunch break. Man one thing after another LOL. I ordered my tranny fluid tonight from amazon. Got redline mlt-90. So that'll be here soon, I found out have an exhaust leak in the headers near the tranny, maybe that's why it's smells so damn bad in the car LOL.

Keep the old one and rebuild it, or find someone to, it isn't worth exchanging. Usually the rebuilt from the auto part store last about a year. I've never had one I rebuilt go out.

Hey guys!

I took my alternator to kragen yesterday during lunch and they said it was bad. It was either my decision to rebuild it or buy a new one. Since I didn't know how to rebuild one and a new one was only 37 bucks, I picked up a new one. I took my battery home, did a full charging over night and put it in today during lunch. I fired her up and let her warm up to operating temp, her idle was way to low so I set it to 850rpms. She's not legal to drive in the street yet so I took her for a spin in the back our parking lot and drove a few circles, she doesn't sound too bad, aside from the small exhaust leak in the headers(filling up the inside of the cabin with fumes YuCK!). I'll be making a short video and posting it when I get home, I'll be doing a tranny fluid change and a break check, and a carb sync before I try to get her registered. I'll be going to the chp office after work today to find out if thats necessary or if that was just a lie, either way she's almost street worthy to get home on her own!!

Just go to the DMV and register the car. If it was previously registered in CA, all you have to do is pay the fees. No smog or VIN checks necessary.

Well the car was given to me by a client, he bought it from NM and never registered it when it was bought 2-3 years ago. He was told he had to take it to chp, im going to the chp and dmv to find out if it really needs to go to them because all the old records are in the car and all the vins match up. So I don't know.....

I've dealt with registering out of state cars in CA. At this point, you need to take it to the DMV for an "inspection" (all they do is match up the VINs like you allude to). I did it through the DMV, maybe CHP does the same thing. I'd go to the DMV and do all the registration and inspection in one fell swoop.

I didn't :ermm: But it was a cheap one that a previous owner put it. I think it was a old kragen brand.

Never mind, keep an eye out for an original. The FSM will walk you right through the rebuild, nice rainy day project. To get the rebuild parts, you will need to find a starter, and alternator rebuild shop. If you can't find one I'll hit the one I know up. I just don't like its location.

I've dealt with registering out of state cars in CA. At this point, you need to take it to the DMV for an "inspection" (all they do is match up the VINs like you allude to). I did it through the DMV, maybe CHP does the same thing. I'd go to the DMV and do all the registration and inspection in one fell swoop.

That's what I figured, I don't know why I was told it had to go to chp, I was just going to go to the DMV and see what they say. I wasn't just going to take someones word for it.

Never mind, keep an eye out for an original. The FSM will walk you right through the rebuild, nice rainy day project. To get the rebuild parts, you will need to find a starter, and alternator rebuild shop. If you can't find one I'll hit the one I know up. I just don't like its location.

Will do, I already am looking around for some replacement headers because of this exhaust leak. Took the car around the block and she was definetely stinking up the cabin. I'm going to have to cover the spaces in-between the wire harness and other wires going to the engine bay. Don't want to fall asleep at the wheel now haha......not even funny.