IGNORED

First time Z owner

Perfect240Z

Hi everyone,

I always dreamed about having a sports car or a manual transmission car for that matter. I'm a manager at a doggie daycare and one of my favorite clients owned a 1970 datsun 240z that he told me about a few times. I have been searching for a second car and I couldn't narrow down what I wanted to buy with little money that I had to save. One day my favorite clients wife told me she was making her hubby sell his car or give it to the neighbor because he had t touched it for 2 years(stopped running after he bought it). So I said jokingly you guys should give it to me, I'll fix it!!! And so after a maybe 15 min drive home I got the call "it's yours!". So I would like to say Hi I'm alex and I own a 1970 Datsun 240z

Searching the forums is a good start to dealing with issues as well as consulting your service manual. You can get the FSM at xenons30.com, there isn't one for a '70 but get the '72 manual as it should be very similar.

I'd say check for spark first, once that is verified make sure you're getting fuel. I know, very general but it's a start.

Good luck!

You mentioned it was a 70 240Z. Update your VIN number with the forum so we can see if it is a low VIN car :) Also remember to update the Z registry on Zhome.com!

Also check out Zonc.org for the Z Owners of Northern California Club. There are several enjoyable events each year that you may join once you get her running. Where in the Bay Area are you?

Also, let us know what your "FREE" Z ends up costing :)

Welcome to the group!

Dennis

Duly noted LOL, its not free anymore I've spent a few bucks trying to get her running, doesn't want to turn over fully. I can't do much since she's parked at work and it's been raining a lot since I got her in november.

You mentioned it was a 70 240Z. Update your VIN number with the forum so we can see if it is a low VIN car :) Also remember to update the Z registry on Zhome.com!

Also check out Zonc.org for the Z Owners of Northern California Club. There are several enjoyable events each year that you may join once you get her running. Where in the Bay Area are you?

Ill update the vin in a little bit, I have to pick the wife up at work soon, I think it starts with HLS or something like that but I'll post it with photos when I get home. I didn't know there was a club here, ill sign up tonight, I live in Castro valley but my Z is at my job in mountain view.

Here are the photos of the car. These photos were given to me by the last owner who gave it to me. These were taken by the owner who sold it to him. Anyways I'll also add the one photo I too with my Iphone.

post-23144-14150813128817_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129956_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813130142_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129416_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129233_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813130246_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129066_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813130349_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129778_thumb.jpg

post-23144-14150813129596_thumb.jpg

The seats have no rips, the transmission was changed to a 5 speed from another Datsun, there's literally no dents or rust that I can see at the moment, but I don't know what its going to look like when I finally get it home in doors and I can get underneath. This car came from New Mexico so it shouldn't have too much rust going on since it was in running condition about 2 years ago. Ohh and the Vin is HLS3000979