IGNORED

$35,000 73 240z?

whamo

I'll give you a hint - "Mayfield Marshall"... if the seller can prove it.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Okay, so I had to search on that one. I can see what you mean, Carl, for a collector who must have Nissan/Datsun history. I wonder what the seller's proof is.

I can't find much information on Mayfield Marshall, other than he was marketing director for Datsun and helped to supply the 240's for Bob Bondurant's school. Those cars were 70's and 72's, and were painted orange. Also, it would seem unusual that a race car would have factory air conditioning. I must be missing something?

My guess is that it was a personal car or perhaps a factory gift to him or Bondurant. His name might be on the original title or bill of sale. I don't get amped up over such collectables, so I wouldn't be able to estimate what value a collector would place on previous ownership.

You guys are good - - I'll give you another hint {keep in mind I could be completely wrong}... Note the TIRES behind the car - I think that is the hint the seller is disclosing.... But wait a minute..... that car should have a white interior.

Mayfield Marshall supplied the car for the R&T Test, it was modified by BRE to assure that the all the tires wore out before the car did.

Interesting car to own - - IF THAT IS THE CAR.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150812596544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carl Beck