$35,000 73 240z? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

$35,000 73 240z?

Featured Replies

Maybe it comes with all the tires stacked up in the background LOL?

-Mike

I'll give you a hint - "Mayfield Marshall"... if the seller can prove it.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I'll give you a hint - "Mayfield Marshall"... if the seller can prove it.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Okay, so I had to search on that one. I can see what you mean, Carl, for a collector who must have Nissan/Datsun history. I wonder what the seller's proof is.

Near mint!

Yes Carl, that would be interesting to see what he can prove. Maybe I'll give him a call and drop by?

Edited by JonnyRock

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I can't find much information on Mayfield Marshall, other than he was marketing director for Datsun and helped to supply the 240's for Bob Bondurant's school. Those cars were 70's and 72's, and were painted orange. Also, it would seem unusual that a race car would have factory air conditioning. I must be missing something?

My guess is that it was a personal car or perhaps a factory gift to him or Bondurant. His name might be on the original title or bill of sale. I don't get amped up over such collectables, so I wouldn't be able to estimate what value a collector would place on previous ownership.

And I've got John Voigt's LeBaron.

  • Author
And I've got John Voigt's LeBaron.

I was thinking the same thing.LOL

If you're going to ask that kind of money, why on earth would you just limit your advertising to the local Craig's List?

post-6600-1415081258777_thumb.jpg

And I've got John Voigt's LeBaron.

Hahaha. "He chewed on this pencil!"

You guys are good - - I'll give you another hint {keep in mind I could be completely wrong}... Note the TIRES behind the car - I think that is the hint the seller is disclosing.... But wait a minute..... that car should have a white interior.

Mayfield Marshall supplied the car for the R&T Test, it was modified by BRE to assure that the all the tires wore out before the car did.

Interesting car to own - - IF THAT IS THE CAR.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150812596544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carl Beck

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.