IGNORED

240SX rear disc

Scaotty

First and foremost, i have read through some posts enough to understand that the 240sx calipers will work on a 280z. I currently have stock drums on the rear of my 75 280z and have a chance to get the complete set of rear disc brakes from a mid 90's 240sx for free. Im just wondering exactly what parts will i be able to use from it, and what parts will i still have to go find. Thanks.

Scott,

Your welcome, I'd also check out this link under the "MM bracket/240SX caliper swap" heading. It sounds like the only other thing you'll need other than the brackets will be some custom brake lines. Yeah, I'm going to try to make it out to more local shows with my Z, there is a great presence in the NW for sure. See you around!

Sounds like he's getting the 240SX rotors.

Then that is the wrong rotor. The 240sx rear caliper swap requires the bracket from Modern Motorsports or Silvermine Motorsports and the 300zx (Z31) rotor.

I've done the Modern Motorsports rear disc brake swap on my 240Z. If you're planning on using the calipers off the 240SX then nevermind, but if you plan to get new calipers, your donors for the core charge need to have the ebrake hanger on them or you will pay extra. It is much cheaper to find some donor calipers at a wrecking yard which is what I did. I got the rotors, brackets, and stainless lines from Modern Motorsports, and ordered the correct, new calipers from Napa Auto Parts. When you put the whole thing on your car, you leave the ebrake cables attached to the car where they are, but on the brake caliper end you swap them from side to side. So the right cable goes to the left caliper and vice versa. As far as I know there isn't a great way to keep the cables in the hangers so you have to come up with something there to hold them in place. The pads that Modern Motorsports sells with the kit work great with stock front brakes without an adjustable proportioning valve. If you want to see the conversion in person, let me know. I do have to go to Salem in the next couple weeks for a half day.

Greg