IGNORED

..and what I've been up to the past few days..

Got Sandra Dee running last week, found the weak link- two wires were not making a full contact, thus no power to the injectors.

So far:

Various fuses/tracked down bad wire(s) replaced+repaired-when applicable

New plugs/wires/dist. cap/rotor/air filter

Fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator/idle control valve/ignition coil/drive belt

Today I drained the oil and removed the alternator and working on removing a stuck bolt on the starter- waiting patiently for the new starter/alternator and oil pump to arrive in the a.m. Can't wait to see the look on her face!

-Working with a shoe-string budget and finding the best prices on e-bay to date! Very, very happy when working on my Z- funny but I'm coming to realize that this car has everything I like in vintage vehicles- and I've had a few.

Now I need to figure out why the motor for the power antenna isn't operable any more.

post-22007-14150811671729_thumb.jpg

Fed-ex dropped off the alternator/starter then went shopping for the oil and filter. Had 'er put together and then- and then- she started up! Idle is way out of wack, and is backfiring in the AFM (?) Going to take that apart tomorrow and clean it internally and I read on another post about disconnecting the bbdm(?) and she's running wwaaay to rich too. Also brought home my dear Sandra Dee's 30-day tag, would like to drive her by the weekends-end.

:classic: