IGNORED

Appraise mine?

Mikez73

I know this board is pretty much for purists and most boards frown on this question being asked but...I'm gonna say Dave did it first LOL

I'm going to sell my car as soon as I get the electronic ignition sorted out...or revert back to points distributor, whichever comes first ;)

My car doesn't really have any secrets...I've kept an online log pretty much since day one.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/Mike88se/images/240/240Z.htm

Houston area -you should be able to find a buyer at $4,500.00 to $5,500.00.

Body mod's like the wheel flairs, molded rear spoiler and 280 Hood really hurt the resale value of a 240Z.

What were you thinking price wise?

Carl B.

Body mod's like the wheel flairs, molded rear spoiler and 280 Hood really hurt the resale value of a 240Z.
Unless you can find a buyer who like the exact mods on the car even better than you do.

Looks like everyone in the Houston area is trying to sell their Z car. Must be the weather. To freaking hot to enjoy it.

I'm trying to sell mine and i'm not sure if I will be able to get what i'm asking for. Not sure what its really worth either. I know how much i've spent and how much time i've spent on it as well. I don't think there are many Z's in better shape in the area. Never thought I would sell but oh well. Time for someone else to enjoy it.

Okay coming from someone who has a 240 that is well..uh modded beyond belief. I dont think its gonna hurt the value to much. Is it gonna keep it outta the hand of collectors prob. But yours would make a good start to a track car. I will echo though 4,500 to 5,500.

Are you looking for an eyes-on appraisal or one from the boys and girls here?

Just casual conversation advice really. Unless you're volunteering...in which case you could help get that damned electronic ignition going ;)

Houston area -you should be able to find a buyer at $4,500.00 to $5,500.00.

What were you thinking price wise?

Carl B.

I don't know Carl. As much as possible obviously. I had it for sale at 6500 but then I discovered that crack in the spoiler. I got a lot of interest but I suspect all 240z's do.

Unless you can find a buyer who like the exact mods on the car even better than you do.

Except for the head lights a lot of people do like the car more than I do. Enough to buy it? I don't know. I know the purist would not be my market but that's okay. There are a lot of people who like modified cars. The one concern that everyone has is rust or bondo. This car never had much rust and the only rust I haven't eliminated is minor surface rust on the rails which you can see in some of the pics on the pic page.

Not sure if I missed it or read over it, but how did you treat the rust in the rear quarter, hatch and other repaintd areas??

Other than that, I'd agree with Carl and others on the $4500 to $5500 range. Start at $6000, and when they show interest, drop it to $5500 "Just for them" and see how it goes.

Just don't post on here That any of the $0.10 parts were "Walked" out of the Junk Yard, or unpaid for, or Enrique will delete the thread. ;)LOL

Great Car Mike.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I know this board is pretty much for purists and most boards frown on this question being asked but...I'm gonna say Dave did it first LOL

I'm going to sell my car as soon as I get the electronic ignition sorted out...or revert back to points distributor, whichever comes first ;)

My car doesn't really have any secrets...I've kept an online log pretty much since day one.

http://67.18.219.83/image_hosting/web_pages/Mike88se/images/240/240Z.htm

Well I guess the word "purist" is a relative term. Most of us on this site has some kind of modification. The EI modification is actually a very good one because points are/were so unreliable. I have the 280z EI swap and it's awesome. Anyway, I think you can find many helpful threads here to help you figure out the problem with your EI.

Other mods may change the value of an early car depending on what was done, and I'm sure you'll see plenty of helpful responses here. But, your best value is to make sure the work is always done RIGHT. Cars with quick fix-me-ups can be seen a mile away, so, I encourage people to always do it the right way the first time.

Just don't post on here That any of the $0.10 parts were "Walked" out of the Junk Yard, or unpaid for, or Enrique will delete the thread. ;)LOL

I don't want to hijack this thread, but, Dave *I* was the one who deleted the posts about stealing from the junkyard. $0.01 to 1MM, we don't encourage walking parts out of anywhere. It's not good for the soul. :)

Dave...On the spoiler section I first removed all material back to where there was no rust. About 1/2" around the perimeter of the rusted area. Then I removed the rust down to shiny metal. Then phosphoric acid and rust converter just for sealing. Then zinc primer. Maybe overkill or maybe completely wrong. I'm not a restorer. I reattached the spoiler's right "wing" using metal to plastic/fiberglass/urethane two part epoxy.

I had everything perfect and ready for paint but I have very limited space and I accidentally pushed the car where my engine stand was sticking out. Smudged a 3" strip of wet primer :stupid:

That is proving to be harder to fix than the wing.

On the other areas it was basically the same procedure as the rear. Removed the rust with drill-mounted wire brush and/or sandpaper. Applied rust converter as sealant, then zinc primer.

The spoiler and hatch area were pretty easy. Lots of room to work. The radiator support and under the cowl were a lot harder. There are nooks & crannies there where it's hard to get sandpaper and a hand into. I can't guaranty that all the rust there was removed but I'd bet money that there was more blood and skin left behind than rust ;)

It isn't perfect but I believe it has less rust than 95% of the 240's out there.

Thanks for the compliment and for adding your thoughts.

BTW...you lost me with the 10 cent parts and Enrique thing. The guys and gals at LQK usually let me slide on small parts and I know one of the managers there so I get good deals on everything. They just rarely have anything I want. Last time I was there was for Pathy parts.

Sounds like you did it exactly as it should be done. It's always a good selling point, knowing "How the Rust was Taken care of". You removed it, killed it, covered it to prevent future rust. Perfect.

Sorry bout the $0.10 cent thing. It was the wrong subject in the wrong thread. Threw ya for a loop though huh? Occasionally, I like to toss a Hand-grenade in the Preverbial Jello.