I got blasted! - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

I got blasted!

Featured Replies

WOW!!! Very nice! Did you do the soda blasting yourself or have someone visit with a rig. Looks like a very thorough job whoever did it. Nice!

  • Author

A guy who lives between Austin and San Antonio has a sweet mobile rig...

e51349ff.jpg

Took him 5 hours of "trigger time" on the blaster which was about 8 hours including panels/fenders/hood.

The soda made mince meat of the rust proofing! He had more trouble with the Nissan paint. "American paint comes off easy..." LOL

Awesome. If you don't mind, what does something like that run? I'm west of San Antonio and was thinking having this done or buying a setup from Eastwood.

Thanks

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Awesome. If you don't mind, what does something like that run? I'm west of San Antonio and was thinking having this done or buying a setup from Eastwood.

Thanks

PM sent..

I've been thinking about buying a soda blasting rig like that. A fairly big investment. I'd be interested in what they charge per hour to see if I could do it as a side job and pay for the rig.

Would you be interested in sharing your cost?

Wow! That's really the way to do it.

Get some primer on that baby quick. Or Just clear coat it and pretend it's a Delorean... *grin*

You sure know how to make us northeast guys that are battling with the rust monster drool all over our keyboards! She seems to be in great condition for an old gal. I wish I started out with one half as nice.

It sure look as solid car to build, do that guy do long distance work:D

Lee.......You're really doing it right. Looks beautiful! Guy

We own a soda blaster at work and I tried it out on a replacement hatch. Anyhow it removed paint great and some surface rust but it would not remove rust down to bare metal and left a texture undesirable for paint. my 2 cents.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.