IGNORED

Evap tank removal?

New-to-240z

The following post has some good information...

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19034&highlight=fuel+vent

I followed these directions when I did mine. This got rid of the smell but the car would not run well with a full tank of gas. To fix this I also had to eliminate the line under the hood running from the gas vapor line to the breather and PCV line.

Without redirecting these underhood lines I found that I was sucking raw gas (not fumes) directly into the PCV/breather. This would cause the car to stall when I had a full gas tank. I simply disconnected the vent line under the hood and ran it up and through the radiator support and then down into the front of the wheel well. I'm not sure why my car needed this second modification, others have not, but I have had no problems since.

Good luck!

We did the mod on our 260Z LeMons racecar. I'm pretty sure our fuel starvation problem is due to poor tank venting. The car runs great for about 20-25 minutes and then stumbles badly under load at higher engine speeds. Several people have suggested that we we have a venting problem.

Can you further explain your second mod?