IGNORED

Removing the cooling lines (intake manifolds)

Pop's Z

this is why people are reluctant to ask questions now. we need expertise and sound advise, not argument from either side. post your comment and move on. some people will disagree but such is life. no need to insult anybody. no need to brag. let the other person save face.

And EXACTLY what "sound ADVICE" did you post in this topic?ANd who was bragging?

yeah z train , you are right.you're always right. i'm sure you're of those people who argues his way through everything. your spouse must be in a happy relationship with you. just look at your post and you'll be amaze at how much pride you have. calling somebody an idiot without knowing them is a giveaway. this is not your site. i have the right to be here just like anyone. i can have my opinion just like you. i can post here as i please. you are probably a high school graduate who worked as a mechanic and tries to prove to everyone that you could have gone to med school. you want crass...you got it.

1)yeah z train , you are right.you're always right. 2) i'm sure you're of those people who argues his way through everything.3) your spouse must be in a happy relationship with you.4) just look at your post and you'll be amaze at how much pride you have.5) calling somebody an idiot without knowing them is a giveaway.6) this is not your site. 7)i have the right to be here just like anyone.8) i can have my opinion just like you.9) i can post here as i please.10) you are probably a high school graduate who worked as a mechanic and tries to prove to everyone that you could have gone to med school. 11)you want crass...you got it.

1)Only when i'm not wrong

2)Nope-only when i'm right-and i am.

3)Actually-she is VERY happy.SHe can't wait 'till i get the bugs out of her LZ-23 powered 620 so she can drive it.

4)No pride-just accuracy.

5)I don't recall calling anyone an "idiot".But keep it up and that might change.

6)No kidding?Wow!What a newsflash.Is the story on CNN?

7)Another news flash-Man-you are just chock full of revelations-aincha' boy?

8)Absolutely-and you are entitled to it ....as wrong as it may be.

9)Maybe this one is on MSNBC.

10)Never worked as a wrench.

11)Crass?-no, i want accurate.

ANd for the second time-answer the question:Who was bragging?And what "sound technical advice" did you post to this topic?

LafferIV.gif

Almost forgot-learn to use you "cap button".

Edited by Z train

yeap, i thought so. just another drop out with low IQ. can't even remember what you wrote from previous thread. it's okay brother, i understand that making 70k a year seems like a lot to you , if you even make that. but then again,that's all you can ask for a high school grad. did you even graduate high school? oh yeah...the "capital key" or "cap key"....not button. there's no button on a "key pad". it shows your education level there. and yes...i prefer typing with small font. it's called informal style attributes. you would never have heard of it unless you've gone to college.

don't bother responding since you are now on ignore list. that means i will not be able to see your response...should i send you a manual to see if you can decipher that? mmmmm...point, set, match! C YA!!!

Edited by mel marabante

yeap, i thought so. just another drop out with low IQ. can't even remember what you wrote from previous thread. it's okay brother, i understand that making 70k a year seems like a lot to you , if you even make that. but then again,that's all you can ask for a high school grad. did you even graduate high school? oh yeah...the "capital key" or "cap key"....not button. there's no button on a "key pad". it shows your education level there. and yes...i prefer typing with small font. it's called informal style attributes. you would never have heard of it unless you've gone to college.

don't bother responding since you are now on ignore list. that means i will not be able to see your response...should i send you a manual to see if you can decipher that? mmmmm...point, set, match! C YA!!!

Typical keyboard commando.

dumbass-1.jpg

Edited by Z train

This has turned in to an interesting technical discussion (aside from all of the extra stuff).

Here is a paragraph from the 1972 FSM, in the Emissions section (page EC-13), but it seems to be a general statement that the coolant lines are there for consistency in fuel supply, by keeping the gasoline at a constant temperature through heating of the carburetors.

I shouldn't comment but I will...

attachment.php?attachmentid=36426

Part number 8 "Manifold heat control thermostat" on the back of the carb is the hot water temp cutoff thermostat to prevent the carb from overheating with hot coolant. I tested mine 10 years ago on the stove in hot water. Worked great.

The systems is on and useful for about 1 minute after the motor is on until the motor is warm at which point the system closes up.

The dyno observation is confusing to me. Either the manifold thermostat was stuck open, not there, or there was some benefit to the thermal mass/convection of the water being in the carb to regulate a temp spike. Not sure...

Hot climate Z folk which have very short warm up periods typically kill the system. Mine isn't going back in when I get the car up and running next year... :disappoin

I shouldn't comment but I will...

Part number 8 "Manifold heat control thermostat" on the back of the carb is the hot water temp cutoff thermostat to prevent the carb from overheating with hot coolant. I tested mine 10 years ago on the stove in hot water. Worked great.

The systems is on and useful for about 1 minute after the motor is on until the motor is warm at which point the system closes up.

The dyno observation is confusing to me. Either the manifold thermostat was stuck open, not there, or there was some benefit to the thermal mass/convection of the water being in the carb to regulate a temp spike. Not sure...

Hot climate Z folk which have very short warm up periods typically kill the system. Mine isn't going back in when I get the car up and running next year... :disappoin

Back on topic (yippee)...

Maybe this old quote applies (had to Google it to get it right) -

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."

Jan La Van De Snepscheut (apparently a Cal Tech computer expert)

So it doesn't really do much. The Datsun engineers put some effort in to it though. Too bad we don't have those old reminisces from the engineers that worked on it, like we do for some other car makers so we could know what they were thinking at the time.

Hey Mel' date=' Since this is my original thread I would appreciate it if you would take a hike. You have added nothing except to make it an exercise in mental masturbation.

Bye, Mike[/quote']

Pop's Z - WHY? WHY? WHY? The thread was broken!

Z-Train and Mel - Please do not respond! Please!!! If you feel the need, please use personal communication, not the public forum.

We were so close....

hey mike, i just don't take "crap" from anyone...least of all people that have personal attack on me for stating the obvious. and no...you are wrong, we are not all friends here. just look at some of the rudest threads here esp with that Z train character. i hate these 50 + childish "bullies" who gets off by proving someone wrong with an insult. disagree...sure. you know it all...why not. but to go "line by line" to address someone's statement and sign off with "point, match, set" ....no sir.