IGNORED

heater control panel

Davis

AFAIK there is no difference between the 72 and 73 Fresh Air Vent Bellows / Connnector. (Note, you'll never get warm air out of that vent.)

It's only the Panel itself, with the translucent plastic, the rubber shrouds to mask the light to those sections, and the lever assembly mount.

FWIW, you need the rubber shroud or you will have light reflecting out the back and sides and the panel itself won't be as crisp in lighting.

FWIW

E

Aha!

There IS a difference in the "fresh air bellows connector" (good one E) 73 and prior!

When I try to fit a 72 on the 73 or the opposite, they don't fit! More careful inspection shows there is a difference, slight though it is. See if you can spot it in the picture. Well, I made it easy.

The one on the left is the 73. That inner lip is SHORTER to clear the lit panel top on the HCP. Other than that they are identical.

So a 72 duct adapter could be made to fit a 73 HCP by just trimming that lip. Other way around, you'de have to add some material to the lip (duct tape?).

Jim

post-12190-14150811058686_thumb.jpg

I thought I would take a few pics last night of the metal heater duct adapater - its hard to see, but the bottom flange is different than the unit Jim posted - it is thicker and thus prevents it from fitting correctly on the back of the 73 HCP.

In the first pic, between my fingers, you can see the guide pin for the slide insert panel is in the way of the duct adapter.

The second pic shows the thicker bottom on the heater duct adapter - this is what interfere with the slide panel insert.

I guess one solution would be to remove the guide pins and cut the top of the HCP panel insert (the one that covers the slide mechanism), but I think I will wait to see how the 73 duct adapter fits before doing that.

regards Dave

post-19888-14150811065495_thumb.jpg

post-19888-14150811066185_thumb.jpg