IGNORED

Painting it 901

steve91tt

My car goes in for paint next week. I'm going with a color change to 901 silver so lots of stuff to take apart. I put my 10 year old daughter to work drilling out the rivets holding on the side trim.

post-20531-14150810802366_thumb.jpg

The painter I am using has done some amazing cars in the past so I know he's got the skills to do a great job. There is a Ferrari 308 in the shop in front of me but as soon as the Ferrari is done the 240Z goes in. I can't wait!:D

He thinks it will take about 3 weeks to finish the job. I'll post some photos along the way.

Good color - my my 2/71 originally was 901 (original owner had a repaint done to a light gold) and am thinking of returning to the original 901. 5/71 is 901 and will be headed to the paint people hopefully in a month. Not sure of their schedule. Look forward to seeing the photos of the work you do and the paint shop.

If you daughter is helping you fix the car now, does that mean she gets to drive it to school in 6 or 7 years?:cool:

(I only ask because neither of my girls will drive my car, even if I offer to loan it to them. Something about the manual transmission and the fear of wrecking something that I spent a large portion of their lives rebuilding.)

If you daughter is helping you fix the car now, does that mean she gets to drive it to school in 6 or 7 years?:cool:

(I only ask because neither of my girls will drive my car, even if I offer to loan it to them. Something about the manual transmission and the fear of wrecking something that I spent a large portion of their lives rebuilding.)

Man, if you were my dad, every time you offered me the keys to drive it, little plumes of smoke would peel out from the heels of my shoes as I ran out the door to drive it! :bunny:

oh sorry... I should stay on topic. I think my 240 was silver first, but then at some point got primered, painted a different silver, then RIO primer, and now this fabulous peeling, cracking white "paint" that was laid on OVER the pinstriping.

Edited by prilofx
not paying attention

Will you ever let her get married???

Marriage is fine and her choice. She can drive the Z when she is a little older but not when she first turns 16. I was 16 once. I wrecked a car. My friends all wrecked cars. It was the thing to do.:)

I finally got the car stripped to where my painter wanted it. Unfortunately the paint shop is a little behind so he does not want my car until Thursday. I guess I can wait a little longer.:disappoin

post-20531-14150810838331_thumb.jpg

In the mean time I packed up the bumpers and sent them off to Denver Bumper Works to get the dents pounded out and the chrome refreshed. I couldn't bring myself to put beat up old bumpers on a fresh paint job.