IGNORED

Daniel Stern Lighting-headlight upgrade

madkaw

Steve,

You'll like them. I had stock sealed beams and wiring in my 240 and then went with Cibie's (from Daniel Stern) with 55/60W H4 bulbs and my own copy of Dave Irwin's headlight relay wiring harness (when he wasn't making them for a time). Now I am not afraid to go out at night (in the car, I mean). Not sure I can use the expression night and day but I will anyway.

Cibie headlights and auxilary lights have been around for a looong time. Used to be that any rally car worth its Tripmaster had a bunch of Super Oscars hanging all over the front. One of the first upgrades I made to my Honda street motorcycle back in 1974 was a 7" Cibie H4 headlight to replace the stock sealed beam. It is still in my garage with a replacement Cibie after the first one took a rock after 20 years.

Jim

Yeah, I was going to mention Dave's wiring harnesses, which allow you to go with upgraded lighting systems. The harness I bought from him is an extremely clean installation and good quality.