IGNORED

RB conversion parts 4 sale

Cuong Nguyen

Hi all,

I am going into producing RB conversion parts and will be making them available for other RB swappers.

This is to fit any RB engines into 240Z/260Z or 280Z (not ZX, but maybe the sump could be used) i.e. RB26DETT, RB25DET, RB20DET or their N/A versions.

This is definite; I am getting a spare RB26DETT block at the end of the week to commence production of the sumps.

1st I am making modified oil sumps and oil pick up (sump needs to clear the steering rack and also clear the oil pick upas well), then engine mounts and gearbox mounts will follow soon afterwards.

These parts will be exactly the same as the ones that I used for my own RB26DETT conversion, which you can see by clicking the blue "My Photo Gallery" to the left of this post. So it is known to work/fit (and fit well!!!).

If you are SERIOUSLY interested you can email me at:

nguyenxcuong @hotmail.com

Hey C.,

We gotta talk. Everytime I see your name in a post I spend like 5 minutes trying to figure out how to pronounce it?!? Can you post a phonetic version so I know for sure?:stupid:

The real reason I'm responding...

Are there any other mods that, you could see, would be required for the left hand drives?

This is a topic that is starting to interest me, the RB26 that is. I would never do it to a 240, but maybe a 280...

thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,

I think a way to pronounce my name would be something like: KOUNG or KOONG.

A LHD RB26DETT 240Z is should no problems, I don't think there are any interference issues with the steering etc.

Ask Stony for a confirmation, I think he posts as RB26Z. He has done a 260Z LHD one and he is in Alaska, so no probs :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Ash and Nick, due to work commitments, I have had little chance to progress any further in making some conversion parts that would be available to sell, I will be making some "when time is available", but don't hold your breath!

Nick, no they wouldn't come with engineering certificates, besides, you would have to satisfy yourself that such conversion would be legal in your state.

FLASH!!!

I have an RB25DE mounted to the standard Z front x-member and the standard Z auto gearbox x-member sat sitting under my carport. The good news is there is less than 20mm difference in length between the relative bolt holes compared to the body. That means that the standard RB series engine mounts can be re-used, with the engine mount insulators rotated 180 degrees to allow the dowel pin to engage in the Z x-member.

I have cut and shut the sump and oil pickup to suit the Z x-member, but for me that was a far easier option than re-engineering the x-member.

As a bonus the dimension from the gear box output shaft to the diff flange is within 10mm of the original auto!

That means that the standard auto tailshaft will be correct length for the new RB 5 speed.

As a second bonus, the tailshaft plugs straight into the 5 speed output shaft!!:love:

Mazda owners eat your heart out!!:devious:

Recently, I had the opportunity to check all this on a Z which had an RB20DET fitted to it.

NO mods were evident to the standard RB engine mounts! :D

All I see required is some minor slotting of the gearbox insulator mount holes and, VIOLA! job done.

Stay tuned!:D

• 3 weeks later...

hey cuong i've been reading some of the post on the swap and i read that teh ecu and wiring harness are not usable as far as that goes how did you wire the car? i guess ecu is no problem sds haltech motec are available, but how did you do the wiring? or am i jsu tno reading the posts right? can you enlighten me on this subject before i invest gobs of $$ in this project

hey cuong!

have recently purchased a 240z and would love to see what you have done to yours. Saw a 260 down in albany when marshalling the hill climb and it went like a rocket. pretty sure it had a rb26dett engine but never got to look under the bonnet. how hard was it to licence with the turbos?

what gear box do you run and how many mods were required?

• 7 months later...

Hey Cuong, I'm a big fan, aren't u some kind of farm manager, so u also do shop work on the side too huh. Any way I was going to ask about a LHD conversion, but u refer another guy to some one else in Alaska. But that only about thre steering rack and column. I can go through u about the motor mount right? I been to Perth a few time, I stay across from TIME night club next to Saigon restaurant in down town Perth.