IGNORED

240z speed help!!! asap please!!

ChrisS30

ok so i have a 240z and im trying to tune it for freeway racing and im looking for a top speed of 200-205 mph. which is roughly 300km. now i heard that a 3.1 litre bored 83 280zx motor with Triple Mikuni side-draft carburetors and twin t3/t4 turbos along with some other mods might do it but others say it really isnt great. any help?

ok so i have a 240z and im trying to tune it for freeway racing and im looking for a top speed of 200-205 mph. which is roughly 300km. now i heard that a 3.1 litre bored 83 280zx motor with Triple Mikuni side-draft carburetors and twin t3/t4 turbos along with some other mods might do it but others say it really isnt great. any help?

Turbo with carbs are not so great. I would go with fuel injection for more precised air/fuel control. There are many shops do stuff like that in Japan, but is is not cost effective, and it is not worth your time. Techinology today is so great! You need to completely re-do the body, drive train with higher r-end gear ratio, suspension, brakes, and aero dinamics before you mess with the engine.;)

And your need to have this information "ASAP" is...............because you need the 200-205 mph to race on the freeway by morning? :stupid:

well not so much ASAP but id like to know because i want to know about what to get so i can save up for parts. and yes i do race out on the freeways. and when i dont race i like cruising at high speeds.

:embarrass::finger:

Um , you do realize soccer moms have to use ''your'' freeway / streets as well ? Small kids in cars smashed in by the need for speed don't do so well.

Wrong forum , wrong year ( 2010 , not 1969 ).

Chris.You need to go away for a while and try and grow up a little.I and most others couldn't care less if you kill yourself, but it sounds as though you are heading down the track where you will take others with you. I just hope you are joking .Try joining a car club ,learn some common sense, and do your high speed driving on a race track somewhere.:stupid::stupid: