IGNORED

Brackets for plug wire holders

dclamm

Searched many ways for this info and can't find it nor the brackets on any of the popular parts sites. I got the new (4) plastic clips that hold the plug wires and then realized I don't have brackets for two of them.

I have the rear bracket thats screws into the valve cover that the three wire clip slides into, but missing the bracket on the valve cover that the 6 wire side-by-side clip slips into, and the last bracket that holds the 6 wire clip (two rows of three) not sure where it mounts to, even after looking at many engine photos. I know the three place floater doesn't need a bracket..

Am I missing something on the parts sites? It's easy to find the plastic clips but can't find the brackets! Thanks!

BTW, that little roller we had in Socal wasn't too bad here at least, no jolts, just a slow roller.. but lasted quite a while, kind of like having a #6 and trying to find bed:rolleyes:

Praying there is little injury and damage nearer the earthquake center in Mexico.

Edited by dclamm
Add

Try a Nissan dealer.The one that bolts to one of the thermostat housing bolts (#34) is part number 22473-N3000. The other two (#38) are number 13241-65000. It looks to me like the small ones are still in stock in Nissan warehouses. The larger one might be NLA, so you may have to find a used one.

post-8596-14150810525162_thumb.png

Edited by Arne
Forgot the attachment

Too much money. $15.00 for the pair shipped? List price from Nissan is $1.20 each. No shipping costs at most dealers, and tax would only be a few cents.

Thanks all, I could fabricate one for the valve cover since I have one of the two and a patern to work off, but the larger one that attaches to the T housing, I'd rather have an OE one, or at least a good idea of what it looks like.

Diseazd, I can't find it on the MSA website but will give them a call. Then I'll try Nissan dealer, then used, then fab if all else fails.

I'm replacing the therm housing (stripped threads for the cover) so wanted to get the bracket that bolts up with the housing so I can get it all buttoned up... and try to start it for the first time!

Thanks again, Dave

...I can't find it on the MSA website but will give them a call. Then I'll try Nissan dealer, then used, then fab if all else fails.
I like MSA, but can't see why people go to them and pay shipping instead of going to the Nissan Dealer first. Makes no sense to me, since all MSA is doing is getting them from Nissan and reselling them.

I like MSA, but can't see why people go to them and pay shipping instead of going to the Nissan Dealer first...
It costs me more in time and gas to drive to the dealer than shipping. :stupid:

AND you have to have the part number since most parts departments either:

a) don't have someone that is knowledgeable on the older Z's and knows part numbers by heart;

B) aren't familiar enough with the E-Fast system to find it for you;

c) find it humorous that you are hoping they have parts for a 35+ year old car on the shelf;

d) find that some of those requests cost more in time and effort than possible return profit;

e) really, REALLY hate those that come in "shopping" for parts, get belligerent when the parts man doesn't have time to "drop everything and research their list" and then do NOT buy any of them because they're going elsewhere where they can get everything cheaper....

AND for many, as Diseazd points out, it's a heck of a lot more convenient to peruse a catalog at your computer and place an order than to battle any of the above.

But, also because many of us here find it important enough to patronize the sponsors of this site. Or am I missing something? :beer:

But that's just my 2¢

E

Well, I feel bad for those of you whose local dealers are difficult to work with. Mine is great. Yes, I generally supply part numbers, but not always. And they never give me grief about ordering some small part that only costs peanuts. If your dealers don't work that way, well that's outside my experience, and I guess that's a good enough reason to go elsewhere.

But, also because many of us here find it important enough to patronize the sponsors of this site.
I certainly understand supporting the site, and its sponsors. Besides my supporting the site directly and through the recent Bolder Tint GB, I've spent plenty with MSA, probably more than I have with my local Nissan dealer.

But the other part of that is that my dealer can and will supply Nissan parts that MSA doesn't have, and isn't likely to get. When I wanted to rebuilt my original fuel pump (rather than replace it), MSA had no repair parts. Neither did my dealer, of course. But the dealer was able to order them. Try that with MSA.

I guess my point is - MSA is NOT a Nissan dealer. They aren't going to stock or have available all of the various parts that are still available from Nissan for these cars. So if there's a particular part that I want, I'm going to check with my dealer first. If they can get it, that's where I'll buy from. If Nissan can't supply me, then I'll buy from MSA or where ever else I can find it.

And if I need something that's not a factory part, MSA is one of my first stops.