IGNORED

Rb26 240z stolen in lakewood ca

davestation

Awesome...

Details from his post on Hybridz.org on the state of the car...

Broke the center console in half for some reason, tore out the whole center dash panel (apparently I did a pretty good job securing the stereo deck), both seats seem to be stuck in full recline and I couldn't even get the driver seat to lock in place so it was interesting driving home (lever is broken off like arnold schwarzenegger had been there). It didn't run very well (kept wanting to die and then continued to hunt for idle nonstop), I think they first ripped out some ecu wires thinking it was the alarm. Really hard to shift, couldn't even get into reverse (I guess they aren't too familiar with a stick). This is probably the strangest part, they stole my shifter knob. Didn't take the autometer gauges, but that homemade pool ball shifter knob I got for 2 bucks on ebay and it probably doesn't even fit any other vehicle, that they just had to have. They also ripped out the tail light wiring while getting at the speakers, there's just a mess of wires everywhere. The hazards relay clicks like it is on steroids for some reason. I'm not sure how they got in but the first thing was obviously to pop the hood and yank the wire going to the horn. I really need to get it locked down this time.

Anyway the allstate inspector is coming tomorrow afternoon to asses the damage, my plan covers repairs at a shop of my choosing but I don't know if there's a limit to the amount. If there is, I think a trans rebuild would probably take the cake.