IGNORED

Complete resto 240z project

I'm currently working on a LT1/T56 swap into a 240Z. I bought a complete '95 Firebird donor car so that I would have the engine, tranny, driveshaft, PCM and wiring that I needed for the swap. And I also have the factory GM service manuals, which are a must for this kind of swap. I have the LT1 and T56 in the car, need to get the brakes going and then I can take it for a shakedown drive.

I have more details on HybridZ.org, as this site is dedicated more towards stock Z cars. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, as I have the LT1 up and running in my 240Z.

Cheers

Good decision on the new shell guys. If you don't decide to use a cage, at the very minimum ensure that you put in front and rear strut braces. Even consider extending the floor top hats back so that they connect to the rear frame crossmember (that the suspension hangs off). That will stiffen the tub up heaps.

Keep them pics a comin.

• 2 weeks later...

Supplies to repair the body ordered and delivered. Hoping to see some updates soon.

As far as reinforcements go, I will need to see what kind of space we have in the engine bay for the strut tower bar after the v8 is in place. The rear will most likely get one as well, but the car is getting the bad dog parts full length frame rail kit as well as the roll bar/cage kit installed as well. It should be quite stiff when all is said and done.

:beer:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the car itself but it now has a home to live in for the time being

IMG_20110911_171043.jpg

IMG_20110911_171206.jpg

I plan on getting crates for the base and putting plywood on those to allow for a dry, flat surface to work on. More updates soon!

• 2 weeks later...