IGNORED

Complete resto 240z project

started digging into the ol girl today trying to clear out some room to get the motor and trans out, so i started with the front end. only worked on it for a couple hours and had to fight with a bunch of old rusty bolts. but got the right front pretty much off.

datsunalbum001.jpg

datsunalbum003.jpg

datsunalbum004.jpg

datsunalbum006.jpg

datsunalbum007.jpg

datsunalbum008.jpg

update *3-28-10*

pretty much got the entire car stripped down except for the rear end. interior is out, windshield, doors, and hatch.

drivers door off

datsunproject005.jpg

pic of how horrible all the rubber is in this thing

datsunproject004.jpg

passenger fender off

datsunproject002.jpg

passenger side door and hatch off

datsunproject009.jpg

got the front glass out without breaking it :thumbup:

datsunproject015-1.jpg

seats and interior out

datsunproject010.jpg

datsunproject016-1.jpg

so when i first took a look at this car i noticed that there was some bondo cracking on the upper sail panel, didnt think to much of it til i dug out the bondo, and got the interior out.

datsunproject013.jpg

doesnt look like too much from the outside, but heres what it looks like from the inside

drivers side

datsunproject014-1.jpg

passenger side

datsunproject012.jpg

now obviously this thing has had a different roof put on it, and im starting to wonder how much of it exactly is a different car. i think that the whole front end might have been replaced from that roof cut all the way up.

heres some pictures of the obvious rust, im sure ill find more once i blast this thing

drivers floor pan(front)

datsunproject018.jpg

drivers floor pan(rear)

datsunproject017-1.jpg

passenger floor pan

datsunproject023.jpg

quarter panel dog legs

datsunproject021.jpg

datsunproject019.jpg

and one of the fender's. other ones about the same rust wise

datsunproject022.jpg

There's something odd about your car. Looks like a 260Z (has 260Z tail light panel, dashboard, center tunnel trim etc), and those welds on the interior of the C panel, shouldn't be there. Also the back of the car appears to be green originally, while the front appears to have been gold, but you say its a 240Z?

I don't think the roof has been replaced. I'm gonna take a wild guess here an suggest that the car has been rear ended at some point, and the back half of another 260Z has been welded on. I expect you'll find the join in the floor, here (where the rust is behind ridge after the seat mounts) to go with the welds in the C panel. :

datsunproject023.jpg

Personally I wouldn't want to be putting a V8 in a cut and shut car. I wouldn't even want to own one. I hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Pull the cover off the trans tunnel and see it there is a welded join there.

the car has defiantly been back halved no doubt about it. its all really gonna depend on how good the rest of the weld job was on the rest of the car to see if we are gonna even stick with this shell. but even if i have to re-weld it ill make it stronger than it wouldve been stock. :beer:

another quick update for today only had a couple hours but i got the rear bumper, tail lights and bezel out, also got the dash out and found out where the awful smell was coming from hahaha

datsunproject001.jpg

check out the size of this friggen bolt somebody screwed through the body to hold the bumper on!!!!:stupid:

datsunproject003.jpg

bumper and lights out

datsunproject002-1.jpg

antenna hole is getting shaved, heres a pic of what it looks like now, pretty rusty

datsunproject005-1.jpg

sound deadning on the trans tunnel was soaked as hell and covered with mold.

datsunproject006.jpg

interior with no dash

datsunproject008.jpg

and the dash itself, not too bad, couple cracks but not bad

datsunproject007.jpg

home of the mouse thats now living in my blast furnace!;)

datsunproject009-1.jpg

didnt have a whole lot of time down there today, ill be getting this thing stripped right down wednesday and mounted on this bad boy!!:cool:

2263709040053824256S600x600Q85.jpg