IGNORED

ZCON 2010 July 28th-Aug 1st Nashville,TN

300twinz

Ron, Sorry I missed you but I every time I came by your car I couldn't seem to find you. Hope you had fun at NSS. Fun little track and a lot more technical than people think at first glance.

Enjoyed spending time with those that I met. Will, your Z looks great and hopefully I can make Savannah.

Congrats to all of you that made it to the track day. I KNOW you had fun......

Paul

Bonzi, I had the similar experience with Mr. Matsuo when he looked at my 260, but I was in awe that he was there, and didn't have the presence of mind to asked him about the electrical retractable sunroof. He was concerned about the headroom though. (FYI, there's a 1978 280Z on E-bay with one)

Carl, As soon as I can I'll send you the pics of the LED headlights at night that you asked about.

It was a great pleasure to meet so many Z enthusiasts who's post I've read over the years, ZCON10 will be hard to beat, but I'll see you all in Savannah.

jr260z,

I believe I stopped by your Z at the show and we talked about the LED headlights. You are the first person I've seen with them, even before Audi can put them on their production cars!!

Ron, well said sir! After telling this story to a friend of mine down the street, he asked if 4 years ago when I started taking the 280 apart for the resto/mod had I ever dreamed this would happen. The answer of course was a NO, but I am so glad of that surprise that awaited me.

I took the time to thank Colin Price for all that he had done for the convention and told him that I hope Nissan realizes this DOES build brand loyalty. He told me it was their pleasure, and that he (and the people at Nissan) also love these classic Z cars. I think we joked about how what he was doing that day at the track didn't really feel like work and that he was getting paid to have fun!

I've recently heard rumors that the 2012 convention is tentatively planned to be in Phoenix, AZ. Any thoughts, or is this just wishful thinking by a desert rat. Last one I attended was in 2004 in Los Angeles and would like to see a return of the convention to the LEFT COAST someday.

Thanks to all for the great stories and pictures.

Dan

Dan

AZ2NV is the man putting on the fall 2012 show in Phoenix. He point blank asked me how far i would drive my car. I looked at him and sorry a trip out his way would require my first trailering experience. It would be worth it and it is so close to the left coast the car examples should be as amazing as this past convention. I am sure his crew could put on a fantastic show!!!:classic:

The typical procedure is to "bid" on a convention two years out with the "bid" accepted at the preceeding convention. Just two years ago, the ZCCA didn't have that luxury but it appears that enthusiasm is growing within the ranks. Phoenix is definitely the current rumor but I'm not sure anything is finalized. Phoenix offers a Nissan test track and Bob Bondurant; two significant reasons to attend. On the downside, I expect everyone will want a convention in the dead of winter after Nashville!

The typical procedure is to "bid" on a convention two years out with the "bid" accepted at the preceeding convention. Just two years ago, the ZCCA didn't have that luxury but it appears that enthusiasm is growing within the ranks. Phoenix is definitely the current rumor but I'm not sure anything is finalized. Phoenix offers a Nissan test track and Bob Bondurant; two significant reasons to attend. On the downside, I expect everyone will want a convention in the dead of winter after Nashville!

true, there was nothing official decided on 2012, so any other clubs have the opportunity to still bid and make a presentation at the 2011 convention

as long as 2020 is nearby I am ok :)

Edited by westpak

Chris is completely correct. The 2012 host city will be confirmed in Savannah next year.

It will be tough to top the event in Nashville; I am looking forward to a great event in Savannah; the "Valley of the Zun"....... ooops Sun aka Phoenix will definitely be asking to host the 25th Annual Z Car Convention in '12.

If we held an event in winter not many could drive to our event.

Remember this: IT'S A DRY HEAT :cool:

Although the ambient temperature in October is about 78-85 F...... the humidity is only about 20-38%.

Thanks.

Gregg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link! I wonder if he got enough footage to make an 'on air' episode. It would make great press and publicity. I'm always surprised when talking to Z owners that I run into on the street, that they know very little about ZCON or the local and national clubs.