IGNORED

Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!

steve91tt

As this seems to be the thread that never dies, I guess it's a good place to ask.  For those who've used the Kia weatherstripping on the hatch, how did you deal with the raised lip on the opening?  It seems to be keep the weatherstripping from sitting properly, but I haven't tried persuading it with a mallet yet.  Grinding the lip down or off would get the job done, but I'm hesitant to go with the irreversible option whenever possible.  What did you guys do?

• Like 1

Im using the Kia door seal on the hatch (and doors) and I can't remember having that problem. I do remember rolling it on, sought of like it had to go around a corner because of the small lip. I also managed to get it in without cutting the seal.

Btw: The Kia seals are an excellent alternative. Doors shut easy and firm, no slamming the door to get it shut.

• Like 1

Here are some photo's of the the lip you mentioned and the seals I used. You can also see a test piece (left over from the drivers door seal) to see how it would fit.

They only cost €85 for all three and I am happy with the results.

Rear hatch seal.jpg

Rear hatch seal-1.jpg

website.JPG

Edited by EuroDat
added website

18 hours ago, charliekwin said:

As this seems to be the thread that never dies, I guess it's a good place to ask.  For those who've used the Kia weatherstripping on the hatch, how did you deal with the raised lip on the opening?  It seems to be keep the weatherstripping from sitting properly, but I haven't tried persuading it with a mallet yet.  Grinding the lip down or off would get the job done, but I'm hesitant to go with the irreversible option whenever possible.  What did you guys do?

I didn't have any problem with the installation of the KIA seals on the doors or hatch, the hatch I just used the palm of my hand to push the seal onto that lip, no leaks.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Why don't you go to www.koraps.com and buy two new ones.

Screenshot_20201001-183648.jpg

0k01858760b right

0k01859760b left

Left and right. I could tell the difference. The most people that have used them find they fir very well as an alternative to finding originals this in usable condition.

I have to admit they are darn expensive at $26 each an $6 shipping. They were $12.50 each when I bought mine.

• 1 month later...