IGNORED

Houston Texas Classic Datsun get together

Zedyone_kenobi

I am planning to be there, but I may be a little late -Kids softball earlier in the morning. I hope to meet everyone. Same some coffee for me.LOL

In case I cannot make it can someone PLEASE bring a camera, it would be fun to post some pics on our 'Social Page'.

Edited by ZCurves

YEAH post some pics, hopefully i'll make the 2nd meet. Maybe this is the best time to ask, if anyone know of a good Carbon Fiber builder out there let me know. Bringing a rare JDM part with me to replicate when i move finally in a month. Speaking of witch i need to check craigslist classifieds for roommates wanted LOL

Edited by WingZr0

I really do not have a head count guys. Lots of interest, but nothing official. Its tough to get a feel for how successful these things are going to be. But if I get to meet one of my local Houston area Z buddies, I will consider it a huge success!

What I would like to do is meet everyone, put a face to a name, and get a list of email addresses and phone numbers. I have sort of already started this, but its incomplete.

That way I can email out all the names phone numbers, etc of folks, and what model car they have. In the end, it would be great for us to have a contact list of people with like year cars to ask questions, get advice, share tools and knowledge. Sometimes, you just wonder if a part is right or wrong and would like another 240/260/280 to ask about. I think we can all help one another out.

Look forward to seeing you guys there. Hope parking is okay.

Holy CRAP. What a bunch of nice cars! And very nice folks!!! I wanted to ask everybody tons of questions on their car but I could not get to everyone. The folks I did get to prolly warned the others to run and hide! I have not seen that many Z's in one spot EVER! Even at dealerships back in the early '70's. (You had to wait in line back then for the next one that came in!)

240's and 280's. Mine and Lon's early 260's are in their respective garage's and one other guy's car had a problem getting there. Once again circumstances prove my view that the 260's ARE the bastards of the bunch.

And a real nice silver Turbo ZX that left before I could really look at it.

I am jealous of everyone's car's front frame rails. Nary a spot of rust on any of them!

I was so excited when I came home, I could not take my doctor-ordered nap! Even my wife was enthusiastic. She especially loved Mikes burgandy '78 with A/C. She thought that Frank from the Woodlands car belonged on a race track until she found out it had A/C also. See the theme here for her - must have A/C. Well, mine aint gonna have it - never did. And, I aint gonna get another Z because I dont have enough room as it is which means that I would have to sell one of my old Hemi's. But, I digress.

Hopefully, I will be working on getting my motor running in the next couple of weeks. Its soaking with some ATF on the pistons. While I am waiting, I will drop the gas tank and see whats up with it. Based on all of my internet searches, I am pretty sure that I have a perforated pick up tube. While I am pondering the gas tank situation, I will try to start the car with a spare motorcycle tank provided it aint locked up. I have a contingency for that - I picked up a '78 280Z motor yesterday that came out of a running car that just had a LS1 conversion. Really nice orange car done in a shop up here on 1960 and Jones. Jsomething Power Motor sports or something like that. Jeremy is the owner. He says that Z's are not his primary work, but he now has 3 more customer's Z's sitting there for conversions. He must be doing something right and hopefuly his word about the motor is also good. But, I really hope that I dont need it!

Once again thanks to everyone and especially Zenobi for getting the get-together together!

A very nice time indeed!

It was great to meet everybody - what a super group of folks. And what a BEAUTIFUL sight seeing that lineup of Z cars. Can't wait to see the photos.

Let's do it again. I'm looking forward to meeting those who weren't able to make it this time and seeing some 260Z's in the lineup!

Thanks Stephen for setting this up!

It was a jolly good time, wasn't it? The weather cooperated nicely. The gendarmes didn't mess with us at all. I do think we were outnumbered by Porsches and Ferraris but it's quality that counts.;)

Stephen, your Z has come a long way since I first saw it at the GT-R rollout at Baker Jackson last year. You've truly done a remarkable job.

Walt, my brother by another mother, your 280 was stunning. And it looks great zipping down the freeway, too.

Glad to have met Quang, Phil, Mike, Tony. And Jay, of course, the other old fart besides me that drives a Z.

We missed a couple of guys due to blow-outs and delayed basketball games, but they'll be there, along with a lot more the next time.

Thanks to Stephen (Zedyone) for putting this together. Nice venue, nice cars, great people. When's the next one?

I want to first sincerely thank everybody for coming out. It was a pleasure to meet you, some for the first time, and others it was great to shake your hands again. What a great day. I good friend Kirk, did not make it due to a tire issue, but he was there in spirit. Missed you Kirk.

Everybodies car was just beautiful. We had a wide range of folks, from the student who has great taste in cars, wbsupernatural, to the Veteran racer, Frank. All the cars were each beautiful with a story to be told. I learned of new places to get my Z worked on, and got some good advice from folks who have been there and done that. I will be consolidating the

email addresses and notes I received and I will get those out ASAP.

Be looking in your inboxes for the next meet! :)

Again it was a genuine pleasure to meet all of you!

4300588928_b55d2f7dc7_b.jpg

4299841517_53abc923dd_b.jpg

There are over a dozen more on my flickr site. Please feel free to browse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdamico/sets/72157623149004415/

Stephen:

Hey I am sorry I missed it in more ways than one :mad:! First was the fun of getting off 59 at Weslayan not 3 miles form you guys with a damn blowout on tires that have 500 miles on them.

Frank - some other old farts were sitting on the side of the road - Grrrrrr! I did get those Mikuni trips - but alas they are not on.

You guys cars look great. Steve's is the really the bomb - but hey I got more stuff to work on over here :classic:! I look forward to seeing ya'll next time!

Lesons I learned

First - do not have have a blowout. Never let anyone put Chinese tires on your car. ( They were new on the car when I got it - and I said I was going to change them and the rims ALREADY.)

Second - see #1 above and especially on a Houston freeway. I got off to the exit when it let go at about 75 mph ( running late you know :)) but NO Way was I going to the shoulder on 59. Here is to all the butt-tards that ran right into the back of me, zipped by and flipped me off with my flashers on! I hope I see them one day in my TRUCK.

Third - Never used AAA Auto in 25 years. Came right away with a first class truck and driver! Said 2 hours but was there in 30 minutes!

Fourth - Never go to tire store (which was three blocks away) on Saturday. It only took three hours - but hey it could have been worse. Thanks to Andrew for getting me on the way and doing a bang up job at Discout Tire Kirrby!!

And a funny story to leave you with.

After waiting about 20 minutes to get to the sales guy we walk out and he measures the tires etc. New Huh - well yes but no matter. Go back inside.

He asks - Make of car?

Me - Datsun.

Him - Mileage, year, etc

Me - 125,775, 1974, yada yada

He works on screen.

Him - Who made the car?

Me - Datsun.

Him - I am SURE that DATSUN made their OWN car, right?? (very sarcastic)

Me - Why yes! They sure did. Thats why it says DATSUN on the car! (very nicely - but I was starting to boil)

Him- I am sure THEY did not make that car as it IS NOT in the COMPUTER.

Me - Well a bit later they became something you and computer might know - Nissan Motor Co. But it DONT MATTER PAL - just get me a 205-60-15 and slap it on. OK?

Him - Ok - but it will be three hours.

Me- Uhhh - Ok.

What else was I going to do - leave ROFL!

Pictures from MY car show and Get together!

post-18571-14150809757054_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150809757608_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150809758196_thumb.jpg

Edited by TexasRider260Z
sp