IGNORED

Body progress

slo929

I was just itchin to tell/show someone that doesn't give me a hard time for all of my work on the Z car so here are some pics, let me know what you all think advice is always welcome

So I started with :

DSC01728.jpg

Moved on to:

IMG_0443.jpg

Found stuff like:

IMG_0441.jpg

and am curing the cancer like:

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

Starting to eliminate rear bumper:

DSC02809.jpg

Now the z is part Delorean ROFL

DSC02814.jpg

All the patches are done and grinded down:

DSC02816.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

Now she jut needs to be sanded again(except the stainless delorean parts), But i am closer to paint than ever and getting excited once again!

Hope i didn't bore you all, I know my lady is sick of hearing about car stuff so i thought i would share with the board.

Thanks for listening,

Slo

Hey Slo,

Thats looking good. I got a good laugh out of the one picture with the cardboard template for the rear bumper. My initial reaction was "Why is he using cardboard to repair that?" :) What stainless Delorean parts are you using? Or were you just kidding? Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures. You had a lot of work to do.

carl

I had some stainless sheets sitting around and they were the perfect gauge steel... so, i cut to 'em just like my cardboard patch panel;) tacked 'em in and voila... part Delorean LOL

Thanks for the reply, not many people I know, or around this town, understand the Z love:love:

Can't see any pics as they are photobucket links. Just FYI, you can load the photos into your thread directly, and then they are part of the site (and everyone can see them!), so they don't get lost when you rearrange your photobucket albums.

The photos show up on my macbook with no problems. Are you patching up the side marker lights as well. It looked like you did up front. That will give it a nice clean look. What color are you thinking of painting it? It looks like it was red or orange originally.

carl

Yes i am patching in the side marker lights, i thought it would look clean as well. :cool: there will be no emblems or trim except the two upper z's on the sides and probably leave the one on the hood, that is still up in the air though.

suzook, you are in Alb. as well, very nice...what part of town? PM me sometime, maybe we can chat bout z's over a :beer:

You'll always get the encouragement you need from the board members to keep you moving forward. Significant others generally aren't the best source for encouragement in this area. It's either a jealousy thing or the countless hours spent are seen as a distraction from their honey-do agendas. Nice job. Carry on. :)

Good work, Slo! It is interesting fito find what lurks beneath the old paint on a Z car...I removed about 5 pound of filler from the left rear quarter on the '73 240Z I'm currently working on!

Here's a photo of what it looks like after scraping off all the filler and pulling the wheel well lip out with a slide hammer. I'm gonna have to cut it out to properly re-work the shape of the indent behind the bumper. The top edge is pretty mangled...

post-6323-1415080910632_thumb.jpg

Hi Seth:

A friend of mine is in Albuquerque, NM.. he has a couple 240Z's, and he is on this forum... maybe he'll see your Post..

Remember that it is the FUN of doing all this that is the goal - so take your time and enjoy every hour...

I've seen this on dog legs... do you plan on going back to remove that lip or what? Is it sticking out because you didn't remove the original lip?

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150809108233_thumb.jpg

I have to applaud you for taking on the body work. Looks like you may have done this kinda work before. Me, I have to leave that to others and am getting close to turning her over to someone for that part - as soon as I finish everything else needed for the refresh on HLS30-30855. Are you going to be doing the paint yourself? Such satisfaction there is in doing things yourself for your Z. :) Look forward to seeing it sometime.