IGNORED

R-T diff mount Group Buy

Zs-ondabrain

Splendid idea!

Put me down for one as well please Dave!

(BTW just out of pure courtesy, I might ask RoostMonkey if he minds if you do this. All legality aside, if it were me, I'de appreciate being asked. We are one big happy family after all!)

Jim

Edited by zKars

zKars,

RoostMonkey wrote this "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I dont have a patent. Actually I used Ron Tyler's basic design ( hence the name " RT mount" ) with his permission and added my own little details to make what I feel is a slightly cleaner product. Theres nothing to stop someone from doing the same. If your thinking of making these, do us all a favor and make them better ( if possible ).Dont just copy this design. I only do this to help you guys out and to put a little cash in the Z fund. "

Which basically says "Have at it" but at the same time "Make it better" I'm trying to keep it at the same price so as to not stray away from or show any real compitition, just expanding the availability.

I called my Metal guy and he's making one up in Aluminum (easier, bendable, etc) so I can bring it home, do a test fit and mesurement and report back to him. If it checks out, I'll have him start producing them.

I want to keep it Simple in it's design. It's been suggested to make it 1/2" shorter, but in doing that, it will also drop the diff another 1/2" and we don't want that. I was also thinking of weight reducing holes on the sides but I don't wanna mess with the integrity or strength of the mount. I'll know more when he delivers the prototype/mock up.

As for a money making venture, not here. To be honest, I'll pay about $35 each, plus $10 for shipping each one in the US. Price of boxes, fuel to pick up, deliver, and return home. I might make $5 each, so it's not in my best interest to do this, but more of a back-up for when RoostMonkey is too busy. So it's basically all out of the love of the car and it's people, that I do this. On top of everything else I'm trying to do.

So by my count,

I want 1.......... (1)

ConchZ........... (1)

vercingetorix.... (1)

Motorman7...... (1)

Diseazd........... (3)

SteveE............ (1)

Zedyone_kenobi (1)

Z_Tyler_Z.........(1)

260ZCaliCar......(1)

MEZZZ.............(1)

ARNE...............(1)

Duffman...........(1)

RT Hunter.........(1)

Nigel1943.........(1)

Marty Rogan.....(1)

nahurry............(1)

Pop's Z............(1)

zKars...............(1)

GreenZZZ.........(1)

That's 21. I'll shoot a message to the metal guy and tell him we're on for the first 30 and tell him to kick A$$ on them. He said he's low on man power around the shop but he'll try and make it a priority. I think I can get this on a Net 30 which will allow me to start selling before all the money is in. We'll see.

Thanks for the Retitle and swap over Arne. I appreciate it.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I would like to point out that you do NOT have to use a gm mount with the rt mount. You can use a bump stop along with the stock mount. Less money using bump stops you can get at any auto parts store. This will also keep the diffy at the stock alignment.

I just wanted to point out there are other alternatives when you go with a rt mount.

I just ordered a check sent direct from my bank which should arrive at your door the 23rd. Thanks for this effort.

Thanks for getting the ordering started, I really appreciate it.

MEZZZ,

Sorry, you missed out, Conedodger beat ya. hahaha.

Everyone else, Please follow the payment info on the first post. I don't have a paypal account and using my local check cashing place will cost me about $5 to cash your bank check (casheirs checks, personal checks) So please try and keep it to Cash, USPS Postal Money Orders and WalMart Money Orders.

Thanks again guys, this is all for and because of you. I can't do it without you.

Dave