IGNORED

NLA - Vent Hose 17238-E4602

DMC-Z

By the time the sulfur in the fuel vapor corrodes 1/2" copper tube, we will all be in old folks homes...

You got it! Never use copper for fuel/gas line . Like to replace the old gas line in the tranny tunnel. Or in the engine bay. Vibration will cause it to crack and split. This is different. The vent adapter is 1/2 inch pipe fittings that will be carrying fumes prim-early.

Ha ha I am not ready for the old folks home but close. Thank you vary much. Ha ha

Fuel oil to heat homes have used copper lines for many years and the fuel has just as much sulfur in it. My house was built in 1926 and still uses copper for the heating oil. Same stuff used in our trucks but with die added. LOL

Thank you all for the responses and suggestions, I really appreciate everyone's insightful comments. After numerous phone calls and e-mails, lady luck fell upon me and I located a new vent hose for my '72 on the East coast. Special thanks to Charlie Osborne who suggested I contact Tidewater Z in Virginia who had a single hose on their shelves.

One step closer to a vapor-less Z! Cheers.

Don

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone.

Has anyone purchased this hose recently? I know OE is disc. wanted to know of a supplier that has this hose braided. My current one "looks" to be in good shape, but would prefer to change it.

I was considering this, even though it's not braided =(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-AN-Push-Lok-Loc-Lock-Hose-Fuel-Coolant-3-4-Black-/330375714957?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4cebed588d&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

I used fuel hose from O'Reilly's and two 3/4" PEX 90 degree elbows to make the 180 bend.  O'Reilly's has 5/8" and 1/2" low pressure fuel hose by the foot, at least the ones here do for what that's worth.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GATR/27008/N0887.oap?ck=Search_5%21s%218+fuel+hose_N0887_5142640_1149&keyword=5%21s%218+fuel+hose&pt=N0887&ppt=C0222

I used fuel hose from O'Reilly's and two 3/4" PEX 90 degree elbows to make the 180 bend.  O'Reilly's has 5/8" and 1/2" low pressure fuel hose by the foot, at least the ones here do for what that's worth.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GATR/27008/N0887.oap?ck=Search_5%21s%218+fuel+hose_N0887_5142640_1149&keyword=5%21s%218+fuel+hose&pt=N0887&ppt=C0222

Thanks, i'll check that out.