IGNORED

Need some simple advice

J Shara

What could i do to refurbish this exhaust manifold, is it even worth refurbishing, i would imagine finding a new one of these would be extremely hard. Any thoughts? I know i could buy a motorsport header, but i like the way this car sounded when i acquired it.

post-19816-14150808382932_thumb.jpg

Edited by J Shara

I'm not to sure about refurbishing your manifold, but you may want to call Motorsport. They might have a stock replacement manifold. I just checked their website but I couldn't find anything, so you might want to call them just incase they have one in stock, but not displayed on their site.

you can wire brush it or have it sand blasted. To keep it from rusting shoot it with 1500* rated paint. I used rattle can black with this rateing. applied about 5 coats over a few days. Mine was on headers. That was 2004 and it still looks good.

Gary

you can wire brush it or have it sand blasted. To keep it from rusting shoot it with 1500* rated paint. I used rattle can black with this rateing. applied about 5 coats over a few days. Mine was on headers. That was 2004 and it still looks good.

Gary

VHT high temp header paint is great stuff. I agree with Beandip, bead blast or wire brush it, degrease it, and use the high temp paint. The stuff I bought was self-priming and I put at least 3 coats on my header with a single can.

There are instructions on the can how to cure the paint on the car if you don't have access to an oven (you don't care about)

If you want to do it once and right, send it out to get ceramic coated. The shop will do all the work (cleaning, prep, etc.) and the professional ceramic coating is more durable than the high temp paint.

Figure around $80 to have the manifold ceramic coated.

If you want to do it once and right, send it out to get ceramic coated. The shop will do all the work (cleaning, prep, etc.) and the professional ceramic coating is more durable than the high temp paint.

Figure around $80 to have the manifold ceramic coated.

Well, iam working on the shell of my car at an actual body shop so i could take it there and grind it an prep it for coating, or i could take it to my high school in my auto class and prep it there(tech school), that would probably lower the price. I just dont know of any good ceramic coating places in my area.