IGNORED

Help ID these wheels please!

Mytralalas260

I just bought the new center caps from MSA, the originals are in the garage and are really beat up (want me to try and find one for a pic?) . The sticker in the center says "Datsun".

P.S. I know the owner of what was Appliance Wheels. He lives in Fresno, I haven't talked to him for a couple of years, but if it's really important, I could probably get some information from him. FYI, look at the center caps on the wheels in this vintage ad, I think you will find it interesting :) :

http://www.thepontiactransampage.com/appliance.html

aye, its not imparrative that i get this information tonight or even this week!

i have a couple locals out here helping me, and as of tonight this has surfaced aswell

http://www.zparts.com/ads/wheels/wheels_fs.html

i will take a close look tomorrow and see if i can find a branded A on the wheel depends how much information the stupid pricks here in canada need here to prove they are era correct. ><

.... look at the center caps on the wheels in this vintage ad, I think you will find it interesting :) : http://www.thepontiactransampage.com/appliance.html
CaliCar, how'd you find this site? ! In the AKHwheels.com , this place is STACKED ! ! Finally I can get thread towers for my Fenton Spiner caps. Tons of rims too :) . Edited by WingZr0

Regarding polishing the wheels, I did it the hard way... Starting with 600 grit sandpaper and a lot of water. Then progressively using finer and finer sandpaper until I was at 2000 grit. They were finished off with Mothers aluminum polish (a lot of it). There are many people on this site that are really good at polishing and can give you quicker, easier, and better ways to do it. I spent about a day per wheel... they were in pretty bad shape. The only significant trick was to sand at 90 degree angles each time I transitioned from one grit to the next so that I knew that I had removed all the scratches from the previous pass.

WingZr0, glad that site turned out the be the holy grail for ya! :beer:

. . . WingZr0, glad that site turned out the be the holy grail for ya! :beer:
You knew this didn't ya :) Such a site would have an affect! Lost passanger side Z spinners and a thread tower on Ruby not long after buying her. Then found set of 1960's Fenton three bar spinners with the square holes on ebay without the towers. Been looking since. even tried OE suppliers. REALLY HARD to find as the spinners ain't been seen again. Nice polish BTW. Edited by WingZr0