IGNORED

First 3 things I I need to repair!

Well then!

hello all!

First of front Diff mount! solid or rubber ! What Do I gain to lose by swapping in a solid? more vibs and drive train noise?

Which rubber or solid is best to buy and where?

2nd!

Carbs! I got some dirty old weber DGV's rebuild them and learn them or buy some nice SU's? what the best cheap carb set up out there! Also ditching the air pump is it just as easy as talking the pump out and block off the lines?

3rd

Tune up parts!

I have a 260Z L26 Weeee! with a Mallory Dizzy and coil! what kinda plugs (NGK# ???) cap/ rotor and wires should I run ? Also Plan To install some new ground that run right back to the battery!

any tips and help would be great ! I would run a search but find it easy just to ask and get right to the points i'm asking!

I would run a search but find it easy just to ask and get right to the points i'm asking!

Tsk tsk tsk.......laziness is not a virtue. I'm feeling generous and know what I'm looking for so I'll do the search for you.....this time.

Run a sold diff mount and you get more vibes, more noise and run the risk of developing stress cracks in the front diff diff member. Wisdom says that if you run a solid mount in front you should also run a solid in the rear. See the possible results here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=125046.

Replace the DVGs. No point in learning those when you can aquire a professionally rebuilt and re-bushed set of SUs better than new, and a video to "learn ya" for $630. http://www.ztherapy.com

Can't help you with the Mallory, but my guess would be a new Mallory cap for your model of dizzy...? I run Taylor wires with my L24/280ZX dizzy/MSD6AL/Blaster/.045 gap setup and it revs to 7000 no problem, albeit not under load. I can't speak to that until I get her back on the road.

Edited by =Enigma=
More ribbing for the lazy noob

Yep, Enigma got it right. Sell the DGVs and buy a set of 3 screw SUs.

As for the diff mount, buy a new OE mount from MSA or Courtesy Nissan. If you want to improve the design, go to hybridz and to a search for diff mount. Someone there sells a top mount to replace the strap. This mount eliminates the torn mount blues without ruining your interior noise. A soilid mount will be unbearable. I have a new stock front mount and poly mustache bushings and it's way too loud. I will likely go back to OE mustache bushings.

For the plugs, buy the NGK BR6ES-11 (I think that's right). Just have the parts guy look up the stock plugs. They run less than $2 each. The "-11" just means they are pre-gapped. You don't have to buy the "-11" if they don't have them.

Funny I still don't know what MSA is ! also the ron tyler mount I may look more into it ,but from pics i seen it uses a poly mount!

as for carbs is it easy to find SU 3 screw carbs in good shape or just better off buying from ztherapy.com for a full kit it will cost me pretty much grand!

MSA = Motorsports Auto = www.zcarparts.com

It's pretty easy to find a used set of SUs, however many of them will have work throttle shaft bushings making it nearly impossible to sync them properly. You could gamble and get lucky, but you'll need a set to trade in as a core anyway. I see them on eBay all the time for $75-$150.

If you shag the set off ebay, see if you can get the JUST SUs video with them. If not we now have it on DVD.

Also, if you can shoot apicture of what you have on the car now we can take a look and see what you may may be short of in the way of small parts.

SO i went and checked the mount Its good but some one put shims in!

between the lower member and the mount it self!

So I guess that mean the band is worn out?

is there a good replacement?

also do you have to wrench the bolts that mount the mount to the diff or is there a trick?

i could not get an impact socket on it!