IGNORED

Newbie from California....

Hey Drat,

Check out Carl Beck's (one of the sage guru's here) www.zhome.com

There is an excellent run-down of what to look for.

Good luck with the purchase and make frequent use of the search function on the site. 99% of all questions have been asked and answered and you will a treasure trove of information at your fingertips...

Cheers!

I am going to look at a '78 with one of my Z friends tomorrow. Supposed to be in decent shape and runs. Neither of us are looking to buy, just curious. Maybe one of our members may be interested. Good deals come along occasionally and you need to be ready. You never know. One of our members just picked up a cherry '91 twin turbo the other day needing a head gasket only. Paint and body and leather interior almost perfect , $600.00 not a typo that was the selling price. The PO just needed it gone. He drove it on our trailer. It's a big job pulling the heads on one of these but , the near new exhaust system alone cost 2K . Even came with a car cover.

...One of our members just picked up a cherry '91 twin turbo the other day needing a head gasket only. Paint and body and leather interior almost perfect , $600.00 not a typo that was the selling price. The PO just needed it gone. He drove it on our trailer. It's a big job pulling the heads on one of these but , the near new exhaust system alone cost 2K . Even came with a car cover.

I need to move. You "Organs" got it going on up there-cheep cars, lots of shows...a Pinstripe wizzard. and ZPS.. I gotta move.

Will

Purchased the Brown one today. Liked it. A/C blows fine. But I encountered problems already. When we test drove the car, It started really fine. Then bought the car. Started again and it was fine. Went to do a test drive and decided to drop by in Jack in the Box for a while. Got back in the car... and PROBLEM started.

The car won't start. The car won't crank at all. I have checked the battery connections, they are fine. Checked the Voltage using the voltmeter, it measures (12.8v). Checked the starter wiring in the starter both the Negative and Positive, its all tight. Tried banging the starter to check that probably the solenoid is sticking, but it didn't solve the problem at all. The starter has been replaced a month ago. so it's still brand new.

When I try to start the car, all i hear is the relay ticking, and fuel pump. But that's it.

Does anybody know what is the remedy for this? I spent 2 hours already but no chance at all.

Edited by draztik280

doubtful, but possible. I would jump it with a different battery and see if the results are the same. If it still won't start with a charged battery then you have a bad starter. If it starts with the other battery, then look at the alternator and battery and the ground and power connections.

did everything, but no chance at all. probably bad starter. starter was recently replaced a month ago. I don't know why it went bad at all. I will take it back to the shop where the previous owner took it to have the starter installed.