IGNORED

ebay seller

Dan S

I'm second the S&H shenanigans (well technically I seventh it). I bought a pair of keys that he advertised as period correct (I later learned they weren't). I got them for $20 and he charged $20 more to ship. A FRIGGIN' PAIR OF KEYS!

I will never buy from him again.

Well, I expected some response, but this more than that. I thank you all, I had some reservations about dealing with him for some reason, glad I came here first and checked with you all.

Once again I ask a question and get answers that are a tremendous help.

Dan

When I first started out in the Z game I used him a few times.....my main gripe is the shipping costs....many times they are more than the item itself. I try to avoid him at all times.

If you go to the main screen of ebay and find the search field, to the right there is a link called "advanced search", click that. When you get to the advanced search screen on the left side it says "items" in grey, below that it says "By seller", click that. Type 'the-z-connexion" into the sellers user ID field, then click search. That should work. Let me know! I bought things from him in the past, he is a good guy.

I personally will pay more for a part to not buy from him on purpose. He absolutely rapes people on shipping. Not all of his NOS parts are NOS either.

And just an expample. He charges $75 for a 510 trunk seal that Nissan sells for $45!!!

When I tried to get a break on shipping for all the individual bolts for the L series, he still wanted to charge me over $100 (just for shipping)!!!

I bought the entire L series bolt kit from Eiji (all REAL NISSAN CAD PLATED NUMBERED BOLTS) for $130 shipped.

I don't know how Reddat can sleep at night.

Give me a few beers and ask me what I really think :)

REDDAT is a deceptive crook based on my limited dealings with him:

1) Parts he labeled as "Nissan NOS" werte actually after market items made in Thailand

2) Most of his prices are way higher than what you would pay at a Nissan Dealer

3) He never advertises shipping & handling costs and if you buy without asking he will screw you with outrageous charges, some that may exceed the cost of the item.

4) He is responsive in E-mails but sometimes does not tell the truth about what he is selling

Do a quick search on this site for REDDAT and you will see all the complaints over the years including mine from about 4 years back. I'll NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do business with this guy again. No morals, no ethics and has a real attitude as I recall.

I bought from him when I first started collecting parts for my refresh. Good service, and the parts were correct. However, I later found them available from MSA for less money, and less shipping. Still, I'm glad there's sellers out there to choose from...

MSA gives members of CZCC up to a 10% discount (just give them your membership number). I've bought a lot of items off ebay but it is a lot easier just to go to MSA or Courtsey Nissan out of Texas. Between the two they can supply me with 95% my needs. By the time we cherry pick the best price from ebay we all get it on the shipping.

I still check my local dealer for almost everything 240Z or 300ZX-our local club gets an outstanding discount-and in most cases I get the part for less than I can find it anywhere else(though 300ZXclub monthly group buys are occasionally less expensive), with no shipping charges. It does not take much of a shipping charge to bring an item above the dealers full list price-add to that a shorter wait, and if you have worked any kind of a discount with a local dealer, you will get the best prices on new parts.

For Example:

My local dealer charges anybody off the street $190 for a 1977 280Z console.

Zcarsource as an example:

Sells a new 1977 console for $183.04, and adds flat rate shipping of $26.97 for a total of $210.01,

MSA as an example:

Sells the same console for $158.73 (before our club discount) with $28.79 fedex charges sells at 187.52 (171.65 with our discount)

Black Dragon As an example:

sells the same console for 189.99. with 27.75 flat rate shipping for a total of $217.74

The every day dealer price beats two of the three prices every day, with a 10% discount only MSAs club discount is better!

Dealer List $190

Zcar Source $210

Black Dragon $218

MSA $188

MSA CZCdisc $172

Will

If you have a local dealer, get your local club leaders to schedule a meeting with the parts and sales managers and ask for a parts discount! If you only get 10% you are getting a better deal that most vendors can offer, if you get 20% you beat them all, if you get 10% above cost, you are at dealer employee pricing.

Will

Edited by hls30.com

Will,

Using your example of a 1977 280Z center console (part number 96911-N4725) this is what I get from several online Nissan dealers. Shipping is calculated to my zip code (98074).

courtesyparts.com $141.37, plus $48.10 UPS ground shipping

Total $189.48 (this is Courtesy Nissan in TX, so TX residents would also pay sales tax)

nissanparts.cc $131.05, plus $15.73 ground shipping

Total $146.78 (this is a Nissan dealer in WA, so WA residents would also pay $11.27 sales tax)

nissanpartsnow.com $122.11, plus $10.21 shipping

Total $132.32 (this is a Nissan dealer in GA, so GA residents would also pay sales tax)

I even paid the $50 annual fee to join my local club recently, primarily for the dealer parts discount I have heard so much about. It turns out their prices are almost exactly the same as nissanparts.cc online prices (which are higher than nissanpartsnow.com) and I still have to pay 8.6% sales tax and drive 1.5 hours round trip to pick up the parts when they come in. If I order with nissanpartsnow.com the prices are always less, the shipping is usually less than my sales tax would be, and it is delivered to my door.

-Mike

Mike,

Those are great prices, My local club gets just a little better(I got the console for $128 and change-and our club has no membership fee), and no shipping, but assuming this price indicative of the same percentage across the board, Kinda hard to beat that!

Just goes to show shopping around can save some serious money!

Next time I am up in Conyers, I'll have to stop in and see them-though I think the parts are coming from elswhere, I set up the same trade motion store a couple of years ago, and everything but the site was handled by them.

Will

Edited by hls30.com