IGNORED

FutoFab - experiences/reviews

jeff81

Hey

I am looking at adding a BRE spook to my 280Z. Yes a little different. I am a little concerned of what it may look like, but either way I am considering buying one and trying it from a group called Futo Fab.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Does anyone have any experience with their work?

I have contacted them and seems ok, but I wanted to check with all of you that have years of experiences. I wanted a nice quality carbon fiber front spook and MSA and showcars have had some not so positive reviews.

Please let me know anything you can about them. The price seems good and here is the link of their work on a 510 spook spoiler:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3559

Link sent by one of the employees there.

FutoFab, LLC

199 Stark Hwy So

Dunbarton, NH 03046-4411

I am waiting to get the picture of what their BRE spook front spoiler looks like since I have seen 3 different versions from 2 of the 3 vendors I have found.

Thanks

Jeff

If this is a really bad idea to try a spook on a 280Z please let me know also.

Admins let me know if there is a problem with anything or adding a link that I recieved via email. I'll be happy to make edits as needed.

Read this write-up I did on the 510 forum.

Here is the link for photos too.

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12088

I just received my futo fab spook spoiler (orange line version). I absolutely love it out of the box. I can't wait until this weekend to paint and install it. It is very rigid and the gelcoat is very nice. It will only take a very minor sanding to prep for paint.

The brake ducts are very nice as well. This is the first spook available with the functional ducts.

Futo Fab has the best customer service I have experienced in a long time.

Originally I had ordered the middle priced FB version. I didn't realize that when David mentioned to me that it didn't have gelcoat, that it wouldn't be smooth. I just assumed the higher the price, the better the finish. It actually goes lighter weight while retaining rigidity as you increase in price (CF being the premium version). I went ahead and tried to sand it down a bit. Applied a few coats of PPG epoxy primer and then some satin black PPG single stage and installed it. It still just didn't look like I had hoped with the texture.

I sent an e-mail to David Patten at Futo Fab and he called me within a day. He was completely understanding about my lack of knowledge about gelcoat vs. non and stated that he would add a disclaimer about that line on the site. He sent me a new orange line FB with gelcoat before I had even sent the old one back (after it was painted and mounted) He was extremely nice and wanted nothing more than a happy customer. He even refunded the difference!! This is the kind of customer service this country lacks for the most part. Terrific service paired with a great product will make him very successful as business owner in addition to a racer.

Keep in mind the one I originally ordered was extremely light weight and rigid when mounted. It would be excellent for racing. It fit perfectly as we. When the ducts tucked under the lip of the front valence, the spoiler hangs by itself even before clamped.

I just realized I could probably just mount and it would look like it was color matched