IGNORED

what is Nissan coming to??

DatsunZsRule

I think it's a smart move on their part. They're catering to a market to make a profit. No one ever made a buck by being stubborn.

I second that. Scion and a few others are gobbling up the young market with their "Box" cars. It only makes sense to follow suit. That's where the money is and in todays market, being stubborn and one sided puts you in the same market as Chrystler (Being bought out and bankrupt)

Nissan has come too far to ignore future trends. The "Big 3" have already suffered by not following the pack.

FWIW

Dave.

I'm not in the market for that vehicle at all, but I think it's kinda cool looking, and the anti blind spot rear is form following function. I think they might be a little late to the party with the Xb and Honda boxy little thing (can't remember the name) having been out for a couple years, but I do think the Cube is the coolest looking of the three.

It's ugly, and so is the Honda cube-thing. It probably gets about 0 MPG too. That's why I always buy American. They are better-looking than any Asian thing. I support the AMERICAN economy, not the Asian economy.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

The Cube is not new, but has been popular in Japan for a couple of years. They are leveraging an existing product into a new market. Very smart.

The Cube actually has a chance to build its own niche here in the US, as it appears to be considerably smaller than an Element, xB or possibly even the new Kia Soul.

Just wait until they start flipping over daily, because somebody thinks it can go 80 on the freeway, and cut somebody off changing lanes to make the exit at the last second....

Edited by TomoHawk

It's ugly, and so is the Honda cube-thing. It probably gets about 0 MPG too. That's why I always buy American. They are better-looking than any Asian thing. I support the AMERICAN economy, not the Asian economy.

I'd think you would want to support an Asian economy because they are creating jobs right here in the United States.

* Smyrna, Tennessee

* Canton, Mississippi

* Decherd, Tennessee

Nissan is probably more considered a "global company" because of their presence all over the world. They have even partnered with Ford (an American company).

Let's not forget that you are driving an Asian import. :D Where do you think your Z comes from?

thxZ

Don't you drive a Japanese car?

EDIT: Sorry, Mike. Didn't see your last paragraph.

But how can you be certain where the money you spend goes? I'm afraid you're supporting several economies as are all of us.

Edited by sblake01