IGNORED

Weird Myths or Facts about your Z car

TomoHawk

Last summer I found out that my bag of golf clubs fits perfectly on the deck behind the seats. How's that for a good design? It looks like the car was well-designed for the kind of people they had targeted. Not only that, but when I first started cleaning out the interior, I found about a dozen golf balls in the spaces in the back, under the deck, in the tool bins, under the seats, all over...

Tomo, we didn't even think of the tool bins! There was probably no need to lap-carry any of our groceries!

Grant, back in college, I'd stuff the back of my '75 Z with all sorts of camping gear for a week of camping. Who needs a truck? I'd also use it to haul around equipment. I would often carry maybe 10 rack-mount items back there. I think I once brought a dishwasher home in the hatch (open, of course).

AJM, we had an elderly little dog that loved the hatch of my Z. It was like the observation car of a passenger train. He'd stand back there and enjoy a 360 deg view! :)

Edited by FastWoman

The best one I heard were two early 20 somethings talking about the line up of Z's at a car show. One said to another, wow, those are cool! What are they? Reply, I don't know the name, but they were early Toyotas!

In his defense, I guess I could see turbod s130s being similar to earlier Supras

The small Basset was mine and when it was just her, every time a truck pulled up behind me at the light she would roll and try to get them to rub her belly. I'd also leave the hatch open when I parked for her, and people would come up and pet her in the car, she was a calm and very loving dog.

• 1 month later...

So I went to the auto parts store the other day to buy an oil change supplies. I had the guy look up a Mobil 1 filter for me. When he walked with me to the filter area to grab the thing, he looked at it, puzzled, shaking his head, and said, "Naaaaah, there's NO WAY this is the right size filter for that little car." I responded, "Well, they do seem to be a bit smaller these days, but maybe I'm just imagining it." :)

The boss at work (General director). Saw me get out of my car for the first time last week. He asked if I restored it myself and I said yes commenting that I bought it for $300 bucks. He said cool it looks like a corvette! :ermm: he is the boss what can you say?

What do you say when they ask you "how fast will it go?"

Talking about my car, I always say that stock, about 122 (from the R&T test in April 1972); with spoilers, hotter cam, other tweaks on the original 2.4L, a bit faster; with the 331ci SBC that I ran for a while, about 145; today, with a warmed over 2.8L - who knows...I don't drive that fast anymore...

I think the best answer, though, is the 88mph response LOL