280ZX Distributor Advance Curve Reference - Page 6 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280ZX Distributor Advance Curve Reference

Featured Replies

OK... I will not cancel my order but next time I will ask here first ;)

Thanks Blue ;)

Rockauto has both the plugs and the wires.  I don't know about shipping to Greece though.  If you started a new thread about buying parts in Europe, some of the guys from the north would probably have suggestions.

 

You want plugs for a 1980 280ZX.  Rockauto lists all of the important numbers too, which is nice.

 

http://www.rockauto.com/

Good idea about opening a new threat but I am not very optipistic to find good deals in Europe... I hope I am wrong about this...

New threat now opens in the Europe section ;)

I know the Rockauto store, great prices there ;)

Thanks :)

  • 2 years later...

Today I received a 280zx dizzy from Rockauto. It is a '82 ZX model, D6K81-01. I didn't know that it is considered as dangerous for S30 engines! Is there any way to recurve the dizzy?

Unbenannt.PNG

@Walter Moore Any input would be appreciated!! I'm building a L28 stroker right now.. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm in Europe..so no ;) Aditionally, RA lists the same part numbers for all ZX cars.. so I could have bad luck and receive the same dizzy again. 

Amazon lists one for all, too. Cardone only sells one type, 31-619.

Did you ever check your advance? Or is it possible that the advance curve is stored in the little match box?

 

2.PNG

Edited by german240

If we're talking about the same thing, this stuff confuses me, my weights are stamped 8.5 so advance is 17 degrees and I have verified this with a full advance setting on my timing light.  At 2,500 rpm my light shows 34 while the pointer and pulley are at zero. The numbers stamped on the body of my dizzy are the '79 specs on Mr Moore's spreadsheet.

He was in an accident and lost his 240 so I don't know how involved he is anymore on this forum.  Maybe he'll see you notification and respond?  I've read on Blue's Tech Tips on recurving the dizzy.  Maybe try and google that.

No, only the two connections at the top: 

03140724.JPG

 

 

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by german240

I'd keep the current dizzy and just set it up how I want.  You can readily adjsut the mechanical adnavce mechanisms and vacuum advance to your engines specific needs. 

Read Jason Gray's Distributor article.  Most Nissan  electronic distributors have a fully adjustable Vacuum advance Canister. If it has an Epoxy plug on the end of the vacuum can, you can fully adjust the Vacuum advance.

Under the epoxy plug at the end of the Vacuum diaphragm you will find an inner and outer threaded collar that adjusts spring tension and vacuum arm travel length. Shorten the travel until you have about 20 degrees Vacuum advance. Use a Mighty Vac and a Dial Back timing light to adjust.

Edit: Link to archive of Jason Gray's dizzy FAQ page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031006095409/http://home.att.net/~jason510/Dizzy_FAQ.htm

Edited by Chickenman

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.