IGNORED

Buying my first z today!!

'77az280z

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 77az280z,

You've found the best resource on the Web, as far as I'm concerned. This forum is a wealth of info for new and old Z car owners. I'm sure you'll have a great time repairing/refreshing/rebuilding/restoring your new car. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy driving it too.

Two thoughts. First, as great as this site is, I suggest that if you haven't done so already find a Haynes or Chilton manual and a the book "How To Restore Your Datsun Z Car" by Wick Humble. Check Amazon. Even if you aren't planning a full restore, the latter book is a great reference with good photos.

Second, I suggest you try and take care of the exhaust smell. Check the seal around the hatch and look for rust holes around the spare tire well and deck. Carbon monoxide poisoning can kill, which I imagine would spoil a good Z car drive.

Cheers,

NWT240zed

• 1 year later...
hahaha for reals' date=' i want a 5 speed tranny for my 280z though.[/quote']

+1

An overdrive would be so nice on the highway. I finally stretched my car's legs on the highway for the first time yesterday and I have to do 3500 RPM just keeping up with traffic.

I thought '77s had the 5-speed, or not? Or did you get a tranny from an earlier model?