IGNORED

Buying my first z today!!

'77az280z

Hey guys im new to this site but it seems pretty cool. Anyways im buying a 1977 Datsun 280z, my very first Z car. My friend has a 300ZX that hes in love with and told me i would have a lot of fun in this car and so far i really have. Anyways i have some questions, performance mods and body mods what should i do with it? I don't really know much about these cars so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The things wrong with it is mainly just interior stuff like i need a new window crank and a new headliner and that jazz. As far as the engine goes its not the original L28, it has a newer L28 with fuel injection and i get the original motor with it as well so i plan on learning how to rebuild engines with that. So yeah, any feedback guys. That would be awesome.:ninja:

If you are like most of us, your wish list is longer than your wallet is fat, and it probably entails quite a few 'garage time' hours. Prioritize your list, do and finish one thing at a time. Spend some time learning how to use this site. Most of all, have fun with your Z. Welcome to the site. Let the obsession beginLOL.

congrats. owning a z is definitely an obsession. i spend almost all of my free time working n my Z. i havent cut my hair in 2mnths cause i have a choice. go spend a total of an hr to get a hair cut or spend an extra hr working on the z. guess who wins all the time :D. post pics when you get a chance.

Wewt!! My Z looks way better in pics than it does in person sadly, i do have some questions. My stick shift has wayyyyyy too much play in it how do i fix that? And i smell gas when i drive my car so yeah, any suggestions?

This will help the play in your shifter:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/shifter-bushing-240z-260z-280z-280zx-m/t-p-568963.html?cPath=7724_7755&.

Is it gas or exhaust? Lots of posts here on exhast fumes. These cars are notorious for that. Check your fuel lines, maybe a leaky injector. You may have a crack in your fuel filler neck, though that may not be the issue on 280z's as it is on the 240s.

Welcome to the world of Z ownership!

Judging by the photos, she looks reasonably solid (it must be said that your front bumper looks a tad too solid...just this side of a moose catcher...).

Have fun and make sure she is safe (brakes, steering, suspension).

Cheers,