IGNORED

I'm in need of a shot

ChrisZ

jerz, thanks for the photos, no need for you to email them to me, just send over your grill and ill take it from there :classic:

After reading over this post again i was sitting in my dining room thinking, then i looked at my fire oven and there was the color, right feel and right shine, maybe a little lighter, i had allready a can of that color and decited to use it, the parts are painted and on the car, i didn't manage to take some pics before i drove the car out to the painter (need to get some areas fixed)

When i get the car home i will upload some pics of the result, still i like to see some clear shots taking in day light, some in sunny weather and some in shaded weather.

Anyone up for taking some photos and post them ?

Chris

BTW is the rivets still avalible?

Chris,

I think you would have to weld in a couple of filler panels to the grille for it to fit your car because of the UK bumper-mounted indicator cut outs!

I took another shot of the NOS rear panel in natural daylight this time (attached), but being a spring day here in the UK, it was overcast and raining at the time. If the sun comes out, I can take some additional photographs if you want.

I am not sure if the rivets for the rear light finishers are still available new. My S30 parts book is confusing, but I would surmise that the rivet reference number would be 79909-E4100 or 90909-E4100. If you look at a scan of the appropriate page in the parts book which, bear in mind, is for RHD cars (if that makes a difference), the rivet part number (17) applies to cars up June 1972. There is, however, no superseded part number up to July 1973, which is the last date on the fiche. The other parts book scan applies to later cars, built from August 1973. Perhaps someone with a LHD parts book could help you better that I.

post-18775-14150806668139_thumb.jpg

post-18775-14150806668401_thumb.jpg

post-18775-14150806668991_thumb.jpg

i can clearly see that the paint i used is much brighter, i will post pics when i have the car again.

As for the rivets, i like to here what others say.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed your post about the rivets... Ugg... I ordered both the 79909-E4100 or 90909-E4100. Neither of them is correct for my early 74 260. You can use two of the 79909-E4100 to hold the license plate bracket (these are really tiny rivets). However, the 90909-E4100 are the standard rivets that get used inside the car. The 6 rivets holding my rear light finishers were larger than the interior ones. Unfortunately, all but one was lost when the car was taken apart for painting.

I haven't placed an order yet, but this is as close as I have come to finding what I had:

http://www.cliphouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=2020

At least the dimensions seem to be correct.

See the attached pictures of the two models of rivets and the 90909-E4100 compared to what I have on the car (and has been on there since 1977 when I bought it). If anyone has further info on this it would help me also. Sorry the images are sideways. But they still work.

Thanks!

post-18081-14150806805084_thumb.jpg

post-18081-14150806805395_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260zCaliCar

Hi,

Thank you for refering my cars, my 240Z has painted panels, they are not OEM nor NOS one.yes they are lighter than the original.

My Z432 has the NOS OEM panels, they are correct dark grey.

Please see the pictures:)When the car was in the restoration, I had to make a choice of the panel from a few NOS and USED ones that they were available at the shop.

kats

post-3193-14150806862358_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150806862845_thumb.jpg

Are the plastic rivets used to secure the taillight panel on the 70-73 240Zs still available from the dealer? I haven't tried to order them, but I noticed that Zspecialties has what may be reproductions for sale now http://www.datsunstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/4_281/products_id/1171. The Zspecialties ad also notes that the 74-78 Z's use the regular sized black interior rivets to fasten the tops of the tail light panels to the body. Not sure if that is correct or not.

-Mike

[quote=Mike B;289631The Zspecialties ad also notes that the 74-78 Z's use the regular sized black interior rivets to fasten the tops of the tail light panels to the body. Not sure if that is correct or not.

-Mike

Mike B, my 76 uses the black rivets to hold the tail light panels to the body. They are original.