IGNORED

Accent stripe

conedodger

I approached a friend who is in the vinyl business about making me the accent stripe that goes along the bottom of the car in red instead of the available black or white.

He says he can do it, but he wants me to send him a closer picture of the 240Z script.

He also says he can make me as many as I want in different colors. He will be making 4-5 for me in the red. Anyone want?

This is the picture I sent him. I forget who's car that is but it looks exactly like mine but red instead of white.

Anyone with a closer pic of the 240Z script?

post-16545-14150806330535_thumb.jpg

Jerry Purcell may already have the original style in red. I know he does black and white. Either way, I'm certain he already has the correct pattern.

The originals were not as shown in the picture you attached, the logo was cut out of the strip, not the other way around. Like in mally02's sig pic, which I load below.

Either way, you might want to send Jerry a PM at JLPurcell.

zsign.jpg

Here is a link the Carl Beck provided me that shows the correct style of the side stripe that was available through Datsun dealers.

Carl thanks for the link.

http://www2.zhome.com:81/History/Images/72Broc4.jpg

Jerry Purcell may already have the original style in red. I know he does black and white. Either way, I'm certain he already has the correct pattern.

The originals were not as shown in the picture you attached, the logo was cut out of the strip, not the other way around. Like in mally02's sig pic, which I load below.

Either way, you might want to send Jerry a PM at JLPurcell.

zsign.jpg

I bought one of those from MSA but can't bring myself to pop the side emblems off their pins and then use tape to put them back on.
:ermm: Pull the emblems off, install the stripes, use a sharp exacto knife to cut the emblem holes through the stripe, re-install the emblems. Nothing to it.

Use a plastic wedge to move the emblems out a little and then just start wiggling up and down, while pulling them out toward you. They'll come out Sometimes the holders come out with them, but it's really no big deal.

I approached a friend who is in the vinyl business about making me the accent stripe that goes along the bottom of the car in red instead of the available black or white.

He says he can do it, but he wants me to send him a closer picture of the 240Z script.

He also says he can make me as many as I want in different colors. He will be making 4-5 for me in the red. Anyone want?

This is the picture I sent him. I forget who's car that is but it looks exactly like mine but red instead of white.

Anyone with a closer pic of the 240Z script?

Just as a reference.........

Here I saved some photos from an auction from few months ago. (So these pictures were taken by someone else and the item is not mine) But I hope these pictures will help you a bit to see what it looked like new in box.

Esprist

post-16910-14150806336883_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806337181_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806337264_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806337364_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806337463_thumb.jpg

I do like the look of the original better than the reproduction I bought.

I may have to get brave and try removing the emblems. I can already hear the plastic pins snapping off in my head though. I thought about trying to cut out the area of the stripe where it goes across the emblem but thought that might look cheesy