IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Realy Great to see the history of your Z documented so well. My first 240Z was purchased from Paul in Spokane, March 14th 1970. HLS30 01777. I've been driving 240Z's ever since - and Paul and I are still friends to this day. Mark is a fantastic Driver! {must run in the family}.

FWIW,

Carl B.

My buddy from Great Falls MT used to race against this Jaremko car around 1980. Jerry was an exceptional driver and he would show up from nowhere and beat this car in his Z but not always as it was a very close match. Jerry said that the Jaremko car was very fast and equipped with cooling fans on the rear brakes but after the stewards got wind of it, the fans went away. Folks would try just about anything to keep the Zs brakes cool. Nothing has changed in that area.

I still have an old pic of this car slashing through the esses at Seattle back in the day. Fun to watch.

Edited by coop

I would love to get my hands on a copy of any pics anyone might have of this car. It is crazy all the stories myths and legends surrounding this car. In reality the car was protested at least three times and torn down.... Each time the car was found totally legal, one mechanic who torn it down called it 'sub legal' and said there were several areas in which the car did not exploit the rules to the fullest. (I wish it really was the car that was so good and not just the fact that good drivers drove it.... I would do better I think)

Well, let's see, the Vette is toast for the 510 in corners. Especially tight ones. The Spyder has swing arm suspension so he's just out there having fun and staying out of the way. The 914 might be tough to catch if it's a six because it will have both power and handling... Looks like a fun day for the 510!

post-16545-14150825827221_thumb.jpg