IGNORED

Rebuild a 240Z mechanical fuel pump

Arne

A quick note - after hearing from another member here that his dealer wasn't able to get the check valves, I have confirmed that those valves are now shown as 'back-order' with no ETA. Not known whether any more will be offered in the future.

• 2 months later...

Awesome, thanks for the info. Ordering my parts right now.

I completely dismantled my fuel pump a few years back trying to troubleshoot something else, and my diaphragm was showing some signs of wear (It'll probably show some light surface cracking by the time I pull it out). Back then I just assumed the parts were nowhere to be found, because one of my manuals (Haynes maybe? FSM?) listed this as a "non-serviceable part."

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

You should add to the rebuild writeup that the info applies to the Nikki pump ONLY because of differences in the diaphragm design. Replacement diaphragms fit the Nikki and don't interchange with the Kyosandenki pump.

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/50224-fuel-pump-parts-interchange/?p=457702

Edited by NVZEE

• 1 year later...
On 10/04/2014 at 5:01 PM, Kerrigan said:

I was able to obtain a rebuild kit out of Canada last week, so they are still around.

Hi Mr Kerrigan. My pump is the "Ampco G 22 " pump and I need the correct diaphram so I wonder if you could give me the site in Canada where you got your kit from.Thanks for you time.   Kind regards.TonytomB

Hi siteunseen.  You may have seen my post to Mr Kerrigan if not I need  a diaphram with rod to fit my ampco petrol pump for a 260z 1974.  Could you supply me with any leads.  Kind regards. Tonytonb

On 05/12/2016 at 3:45 PM, TonyTomB said:

Hi Mr Kerrigan. My pump is the "Ampco G 22 " pump and I need the correct diaphram so I wonder if you could give me the site in Canada where you got your kit from.Thanks for you time.   Kind regards.TonytomB