IGNORED

Front end 'spook' options..

Zedyone_kenobi

You are doing a great job and we can see how good it is going to look. I realize you are not done with it yet and I don't mean to sound critical, but I think it is going to be nessesary to use some plate/spreader washers and drill more holes in order to add additional bolts, to clamp the spook evenly to the valance panel, thus eliminating any gaps. In order to be effective the plate washers should be used in pairs, both on either side of the valance & spook. If there still is a gap showing you could always use a rubber welting strip where the spooks meets the valance. This is just what I see from your pics, but you would know better what it will take to close up the gaps.

looking good. I didn't think I would like the spoiler color matched but looks very nice in silver!!!
I like them both color-matched or contrasting. IMO, the ducted versions with the complex curves around the ducts are especially nice in color.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29939&d=1242927598

post-8596-14150807154531_thumb.jpg

You are doing a great job and we can see how good it is going to look. I realize you are not done with it yet and I don't mean to sound critical, but I think it is going to be nessesary to use some plate/spreader washers and drill more holes in order to add additional bolts, to clamp the spook evenly to the valance panel, thus eliminating any gaps. In order to be effective the plate washers should be used in pairs, both on either side of the valance & spook. If there still is a gap showing you could always use a rubber welting strip where the spooks meets the valance. This is just what I see from your pics, but you would know better what it will take to close up the gaps.

Geezer, you always have enlightened opinions, and I have Saturday reserved for fixing those gaps. I think your right on needing more support. The spoiler is very rigid right now when the bolts are tightened. But I agree it needs to be worked on a tad.

I am using 1.25" spreader washers now, but I bought 5 more bolts and washers just in case this happened. I will start this fabricating process Saturday. I only used the 5 captive nuts that came from Datsun in my lower valance. I think it needs probably 2 more to close up the gaps.

But I agree it needs to be worked on a tad. I think it needs probably 2 more to close up the gaps.

A beautiful Z such as yours is well worth taking the extra time and effort to "sweat the details". It is a good idea to slightly elongate the mounting holes to allow the spook to "find itself", when being fastened, remembering to tighten in a sequence from the center of the valance, working outward as mentioned earlier. When I finally mount mine, I will be able to review this thread and see a couple of very nice examples. Mine is one from MSA though.

A beautiful Z such as yours is well worth taking the extra time and effort to "sweat the details". It is a good idea to slightly elongate the mounting holes to allow the spook to "find itself", when being fastened, remembering to tighten in a sequence from the center of the valance, working outward as mentioned earlier. When I finally mount mine, I will be able to review this thread and see a couple of very nice examples. Mine is one from MSA though.
I did slot many of the holes on mine to assist in mounting stress free.

I don't mind the clear turn signals under the bumper, but can't get into the side markers on the fenders that way. They just bum me out, dude...

Tell you what, I have a full set of side indicators, I will swap them out and we can compare. I do think they get lost on the silver