IGNORED

New 240Z Door Panels 70-73

geezer

Jim , would you happen to have a set of BLACK door panels still available? I'm intersted in purchasing a set for my 240z.

Many thanks, I'll also send private emails.

From the last conversation i had with my local canadian Nissan dealer, the best way to acquire a set of new NOS panel is to have the dealer order one and it will be automatically source directly to Nissan Japan. 6 to 8 weeks delivery lead time.

Thanks "mikemerkury". Does this ordering through my local Nissan dealer still hold true if I;m in the USA? Many thanks...

Best way to find out would be to call your US Nissan dealer and ask them bluntly to order H0901 N3300 and H0900 E4100. This is what i did in Quebec, Canada and even though the part guy was shock to ear a request for such an old part, he was even more suprise to read on is computer that the order could be put in and source directly to Nissan Japan. I do not see why this would not work in the USA since at the end almost everything comes from Nissan Japan. Also made me wonder how many of these old parts could still be available from Nissan Japan and wish i had access for a couple of days to a Nissan Canada/USA/World dealership computer in order to check them all!!!

I just picked up a set of panels for a U.S. member here, and I asked my Nissan connection a few questions. They will not send stuff to the U.S. and he said other dealerships likely will not either. He couldnt answer why they arent available in the U.S. but said something about warehouse allotment something or other. I said that it doesnt make sense because the U.S. is obviously a larger market. He even asked someone at a warehouse about it and apparently they are allotted to Canada only. He couldnt explain it any further.

Edited by Zak's Z

I also bought a set for a fellow member and asked questions from the dealership and also tried to get the taxes rebated. The dealership refused to sell directly or ship to a buyer from the US. They would have to show up and pay in person. Even though the panels were being purchased for export, both GST & PST had to be paid at the dealership, no matter your citizenship. At the border I tried to get a tax rebate form to apply for tax exemption. They would only issue the forms to foriegn nationals. Even if an American was given the form, the minimum dollar amount of the purchase had to exceed $625.00. I experienced the same as Zak, as far as nobody at the dealership being able to answer my questions.

Hmmm, this question might be covered ealier in the thread, but i like to know if they only come in black or if other colors is avalible.

Chris

They are only in black.

I also bought a set for a fellow member and asked questions from the dealership and also tried to get the taxes rebated. The dealership refused to sell directly or ship to a buyer from the US. They would have to show up and pay in person. Even though the panels were being purchased for export, both GST & PST had to be paid at the dealership, no matter your citizenship. At the border I tried to get a tax rebate form to apply for tax exemption. They would only issue the forms to foriegn nationals. Even if an American was given the form, the minimum dollar amount of the purchase had to exceed $625.00. I experienced the same as Zak, as far as nobody at the dealership being able to answer my questions.

This is correct, I tried getting door panels two yrs ago and it was explained to me that Nissan does not drop ship items from Japan to the US dealers and only to the Canada dealerships.....stupid yes but I am sure there are reasons for complicated for which I care to know. This is why I drove to Cananda and bought a few sets, to justify my asking price for the panels for guys who are local to me....I had to drive 9 hrs each way to buy them because I didn't know anyone in Canada to get them for me....plus I was new to the Z world and didn't trust asking someone to buy and ship them to me ;)

Hopefully you guys can cont to get them but them supply seems to be running low. In the US you can still get pasn side panels only. I also happen to have a set of NOS black panels that are of the "old" grain style.

I'd love to get some help acquiring a set of these. Anybody willing to help?

John

John: I just checked with my local dealer and there were 10 sets in Calgary today, so I bought 2 sets, one for myself and another set for anyone who wants them. The dealer here does not offer any club discount so I paid 377.38 plus 18.87 tax for a total of 396.25 cnd. or 324.52 us for a set. They will be delivered on Wed. I will PM you as well.

Dan