IGNORED

Audio Systems

fixitman

Hiya fixitman,

We have a categorized photo gallery here with a folder called stereo systems. Check out the gallery from the main menu or just click on my link below:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/index.php?cat=1

If you don't find any in there, just do a search for audio, stereo, speakers, etc...

Let me know what you think!

Mike

Probably not all that helpful, Mike. There's only 2 photos in there!!

Fixitman, I'm going to assume you are interested in modern ICE? Not old vintage stuff like I have. If so, you may want to send a PM to Zs-ondabrain as he does this kind of thing for a living, and has done several 240Zs. He'll know what fits, and where to put it all.

I don't have any pictures handy, but in my '78, I have an Alpine 9886 headunit, 4" Boston Accoustic speakers in the factory spots under the 1/4 windows, two Alpine amps under the wood deck, and a Sony crossover under the deck as well. I still need to pick up a rear speaker box and get two 6x9's. I love the headunit. I have a 4Gb USB flash drive hooked to it to house my music.

I hate the heavy wood flase floor in the '77-'78 cars, but it does make for easy stereo component installation. The components are out of sight and protected from cargo.

I've got a Sony CDXGT-720 head unit, an MTX Audio 4-channel 800W TE404 Thunder Elite amplifier, a set of Polk Audio db series 6x9's and Polk Audio db series 5 1/4" component speakers with external tweeters and crossovers.

My head unit is in the factory location, my amp is behind the driver's seat, the components are in the doors, tweeters in the kick panels and 6x9s are in the MSA rear hatch box.

Here are some preliminary install photos. BTW, Z's-ondabrain helped with the install.

post-15469-14150805021447_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150805022156_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150805022517_thumb.jpg

Edited by JonnyRock

Pioneer three-way 6x9s in the tool compartments. I sealed the lids and installed sound deadener under the lids and in the compartments.

Alpine two-way 6-in. with directional tweeter in custom enclosures I made in the kick panels.

MB Quart tweeters in the side vents. I just attached them to the vent and did not cut the vent itself.

Performance Technique 1000 watt 4-channel amplifier. It is located behind the passenger seat.

Dual head unit with Bluetooth, Auxiliary input (as seen by the cable) and USB input.

Bazooka powered subwoofer. The spare tire well is where I am going to relocate my battery with a Braille battery.

The system has some serious thump. The bass is tight (not as tight as running a better sub) and the highs come in clear with the tweeters and Alpines.

The two switches you see under the head unit are functional. The top switch allows me to switch between maps on my engine management system (100 octane and 91 octane tunes). The lower switch is the power window switch from a 1994 Maxima. I've wired it up to control my 280zx power mirrors.

post-10869-14150805026341_thumb.jpg

post-10869-14150805026854_thumb.jpg

post-10869-14150805027355_thumb.jpg

post-10869-14150805027905_thumb.jpg

post-10869-14150805028454_thumb.jpg

Edited by ktm

HELPED!!! HELPED!!! Is that all I get? HELPED.

Just screwin with ya John.

Hey Mike, I'm gonna load a bunch into the Audio Systems file.

I don't think we had that when I uploaded all my stuff.

Fixitman..... What do you have in mind?

I have

2) 10" MTX subs in a custom fiberglass box in the spare tire well,

2) 400 watt amps behind the seats,

1) 4-ch to the 6 speakers

1) 2-ch to the subs

2) 5 1/4" 2-ways in the stock rear location

2) 4" Kicker 2-ways in the doors

2) 6" Alpine 2-ways in custom fiberglass pods in the front kick panel area

1) Pioneer AM/FM/CD/XM Satelite Radio head unit.

1) Hidden DVD player with headphones

1) 7" Monitor under the Pass. side dash, that flips out for viewing

2 guage power wire on the battery to the (-) ground bolt and to the 4-fuse distribution block on the firewall. and 4 guage to the amps.

1) custom grounding kit w/ gold plated connectors and terminals that I made cause Z's really need it.

Full alarm, power windows, power door locks, H4 lights, LED taillights-front markers-side markers-dash lights-map lights, Cold cathode dome lights and under dash lights, and the list goes on.

I'll upload some stuff soooooon, I promise.

Dave.

*EDIT* I just uploaded a bunch and should show up as soon as they are processed.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. You got me. Dave did like 98% of the install, so technically I helped.

I... I... I just wanted to be one of the cool kids for once Dave! ROFL

We'll call it 70/30 and don't worry, you are one of the "Cool Kids", after all, YOU DO OWN A 240Z. duh.

Dave.

The timing is perfect on this as I'm getting ready to upgrade my amp and add some front speakers.

Right now I have 2 6x9s in the back in custom enclosures. I plan on adding 2 4" 2 way speakers in the front kick panels. I'm not running a head unit as I'm putting together a carputer with a 7" touch screen. I'm only going to have 2 channel output with a Griffin DAC. I was planning on running a 4 channel amp with some built in filtering. I'm thinking something along these lines

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_489AP740/Profile-AP740.html?tp=115

I'm not going to buy from Crutchfield as they're kind of pricy.

Any thoughts on this combo?

Thanks

Derek