IGNORED

buying flares, grill etc

minimafia

Hi guys, I bought the last set of flares from the guys at challenge many months ago, used them as templates for my steel flares, (operation 240k), sold them to a friend that hasn't used them yet so i could probably get them back in order to make some molds if you guys need them. Just a thought when we made my steel flares we actually made them shorter in height, the 240k is really bad for lowering...if you lower the rears to far, you destroy the camber, and with the front, the struts touch the bump stops.

Or your you can go for the jet hopper look...let me know...

No, i actually bought a genuine grill from Bonzaelite (who last had my "rally" 240k, before it returned to the land of the rising sun).. the problem now is trying to get it shipped from the US to australia within a reasonable price. It may actually take me a few months to get a hold of it now (anyone know of a cheap sea freight / import company?)

With the Grill, i should have all the parts now to send down to Alfa, the grill, flares, tail, front lip

The problem i presume, will be like the bonnet.. having the right number of minimum orders for them to take the moulds for free. I presume that alfa will not be sourcing the actual grill material though like challange did :(

i just hope they don't trash the originals (well the grill..) like challenge did.

Unfortunately my project has been SLOW recently.. work has been very busy and havn't had anytime to work on the car.. i am almost through completetly stripping the POR off again.. then will epoxy prime it then start the long (and daunting) task of sanding/filling

Depends entirely on the width of the wheels you have.

For a KPGC110, the RS-Watanabe website recommends

Front: R14 x 8.0 -6

Rear: R14 x 8.5 -13

Front: R15 x 8.0 ±0

Rear: R15 x 8.5 -6

Front: R16 x 8.0 ±0

Rear: R16 x 8.5 -6

Though with a bit of investigation, the user page shows a C110 on;

Front: R16 x 8.5 -6

Rear: R16 x 9.5 -19

The only problem with the non recommended sizing is that you don't know whether the car in question is running coil-overs or factory struts or they're played around with the suspension geometry. Still... That's the kind of sizes and offsets I want to be running.

I'm still keen for a grill and carbon bonnet/guards, I really need the guards as mine are so fked out of shape I can't be bother fixing them . . . . especially as it was me who bent them out of shape sanding and welding them, when you totally root something sometimes it's best to just walk away :tapemouth